Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airsoft sniper

• 17-07-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

hey guys, i was looking into getting a new airsoft sniper, id be looking into one around the 150-200 mark but dint mind goin over a bit, i was looking at a well bar 10 wood effect, can anyone recommend a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The best sniper rifle on the market is without a shadow of a doubt the TM VSR - it is quiet, accurate and has fantastic range, not to mention that it has been optimised for the 1 joule limit. There is a rake load of upgrade options for it, and is by far the most supported sniper system. It does cost a little more than your budget allows for, though if you're planning on sniping in airsoft then I would strongly recommend saving up a little bit longer.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to wait, there is the JG BAR-10 which is the clone of the TM VSR, making it compatible with the VSR upgrade parts. It's decent out of the box, but benefits from a barrel and hop change (I recommend firefly extra soft hop up rubber and a TK twist barrel).

Just be aware that using a bolt action rifle in Ireland offers no benefit; you are putting yourself at a conscious tactical disadvantage and this is only offset by your enjoyment. To be effective you need to be able to conceal yourself, get used to moving quickly and quietly, and in general improving your field craft. If that doesn't appeal to you, then you're just plain not going to have fun. However if it does appeal to you, then go right ahead and enjoy - airsoft is about catering towards how you want to play; once you've got a good head on your shoulders you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

thanks mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

If you like the idea of sniping but don't like the bolt action you could think of building a dmr type gun?
    Gives you the semi auto and auto function with a long barrel and scope and that if someone finds you, you can still get fire down on them :)

Just a thought if your not decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

i sorta like the idea of a dmr but not the price tag, i also like the bolt action as well so id say id stick to a traditional sniper, i think ill get an svd, wuick question again, does any one know will a gp-30 (http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152198030-AK-grenade-launcher-replica.html) fit on an a&k svd?
    also sorry it took me a while to respond

Advertisement