Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye bye apple

Options
  • 17-07-2013 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

After iPhone 3 and 4 am switching to Samsung note 2. Anticipation!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

I did the same about 2 months ago, from an iPhone 4 to an HTC one. Mate, Android is miles ahead of iOS with what you can do. Its all much more advanced and widgets are a step ahead!

im a big geek, and when you add in something like Tasker, you can automate your life! EG when I walk into work and connect to the wifi, I can mute my ring tone. Or by connecting 100's of other apps, any event can trigger an action!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

I did the same about 2 months ago, from an iPhone 4 to an HTC one. Mate, Android is miles ahead of iOS with what you can do. Its all much more advanced and widgets are a step ahead!

im a big geek, and when you add in something like Tasker, you can automate your life! EG when I walk into work and connect to the wifi, I can mute my ring tone. Or by connecting 100's of other apps, any event can trigger an action!
    Very excited! €39 on an upgrade. Have a nexus but may be flogging it when I get my new phablet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Disclosure: I am a seasoned Android (mobile user) but also an iOS user (iPad), and an iPod user.

When the iPhone came for the first time, it was a genuine statement to the world that Apple meant business. They brought simplicity in a new way, and brought beauty and ease-of-use to the forefront. Although I wouldn't call it 'revolutionary', it was a great way to bring smartphones (although emerging at the time) to the forefront. Let us not forget the clever marketing and spin, too.

Android is a superb operating system. Set aside the (irrational) Google privacy concerns, Android is an OS that is full of customisation and organisation. OK, it doesn’t just 'work' like iOS, but it is not far from just 'working'. Development over the past few years, in particular the last three, have really made it an outstanding setup, free from licencing (to a point) that can be adapted into a variety of ways.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note II, as the OP is to buy, and I won't look back. It is not without issues (only the battery, really), but it is far better than an iPhone or iOS based system. Yes, I am missing out on the ability to have some apps as they arrive on the scene (iOS seems to get them first), and the lack of defragmentation (again, to a point), but overall, I wouldn’t touch the iDevice if you paid me.

OP, you'll love your Note II, and once you root it, you'll love it more. It's a phone that was seen, by some, as a gimmick, but it is brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Great move you won't look back. Only question is why on earth wouldn't you wait for the Note 3 in less than two months?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mrmanunited

OP, you'll love your Note II, and once you root it, you'll love it more. It's a phone that was seen, by some, as a gimmick, but it is brilliant.

Im really wary of rooting my device, and still curious the real reason. I had other android phones before, and i went into this crazy cycle of trying to chase the latest and best firmware, but they were always buggy and had 10 new features, but always lost one key one I needed, and was like chasing a dragon. this time im sticking to stock (as long as possible). Its not like jailbreaking where you can unlock everything, it just seems like a small boost, right??

• Advertisement

Great move you won't look back. Only question is why on earth wouldn't you wait for the Note 3 in less than two months?

Am too cheap, €39 on a 24 month contract with Three. I used to change my phone every year but I can't be bothered anymore. Had the iphone 4 for 2 years and was going to switch to sim only plan but for cheap Note 2 so am happy with the deal.

Im really wary of rooting my device, and still curious the real reason. I had other android phones before, and i went into this crazy cycle of trying to chase the latest and best firmware, but they were always buggy and had 10 new features, but always lost one key one I needed, and was like chasing a dragon. this time im sticking to stock (as long as possible). Its not like jailbreaking where you can unlock everything, it just seems like a small boost, right??

I rooted a first generation kindle fire but had to do it twice so agree with your experience. Still in that case it was a big improvement on the original firmware. Will wait to see how the note goes before messing with it. It's too expensive a toy to risk bricking.

TBH I wanted the big screen over anything as I work on my phone a lot and iphone to small and fiddley The freedom of an android os is just a happy bonus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

<3 Note

Advertisement