Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy iPhone 5 or wait?

• 17-07-2013 10:58pm

I have a little bit of a dilemma here, thought I might gauge some feedback.

I have a 16GB iPhone 4 at the moment. My brother has just sold his 3GS and wants it. I've no problem selling it to him, because I intended to sell it anyway, but I was intending to wait for the new iPhone (5S/6/whatever they call it) and get that. So now I have three options:

1 - Don't sell the 4 to him and try to sell it later in the year when I get the new phone.

2 - Sell the 4 now and buy an iPhone 5. See in 6 months if the new one is worth it.

3 - Sell the 4 now and use something else until the new iPhone comes out. Might not be a runner depending on the phone.

What do you lot think? Would I be mad to buy an iPhone 5 now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not mad at all! But Apple are expected to put a distinctive, hardware dependent feature in their new phone that won't work on your 5. It's a couple of months away.

Personally I'd go for option 3, but I must have the latest. Yes. I must have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

In before the "Wait for the iPhone 7" gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

option 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

normally i'd say there is no point in waiting, but considering the problems ive had with my 5 id wait for the 5s when they will fix them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Option 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

New iPhone could be out in he next 4-6 weeks. So I'd wait if I was you. If you sell the iPhone 4 now you'll get a better price for it. It's a possibility that the 4 could be discontinued altogether by Apple, so im not sure how that will effect the price. Could be positive or negative.

Thanks, makes sense alright. The only problem is I'd be stuck with using a Nokia N86 or a Vodafone Smart 2 in the meantime, neither of which are ideal. Still, I'd probably regret buying the 5 for the sake of a couple of months.

Advertisement