Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with meteor

Options
  • 18-07-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Evening, I've just gotten my first bill on a new contract with meteor, I was charged 5 euros more than I should of been, I purchased the.phone over the phone with meteor and I agreed to a 5 euro per month discount for 12 months, when I received the paper last week it was also wrong so.I rang them and was assured only 25 would be takin from my account(bill was 30) which did not happen. I rang them earlier and was told I'll only have to pay 20 next month and I'm finding it hard to believe to be honest. I'm just wondering could that be.considered breach of contract or breach of agreement as I don't want this continuing month after month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

funkyouup wrote: »
    Evening, I've just gotten my first bill on a new contract with meteor, I was charged 5 euros more than I should of been, I purchased the.phone over the phone with meteor and I agreed to a 5 euro per month discount for 12 months, when I received the paper last week it was also wrong so.I rang them and was assured only 25 would be takin from my account(bill was 30) which did not happen. I rang them earlier and was told I'll only have to pay 20 next month and I'm finding it hard to believe to be honest. I'm just wondering could that be.considered breach of contract or breach of agreement as I don't want this continuing month after month.

You need to get off the phone and email them or write to them and use the heading "formal complaint". This is the only thing that will get their attention as they will just ignore phone calls as there is no paper trail. Tell them you want the issue resolved within 24hours and you will do a chargeback in the bank if they debit the incorrect amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

would your first bill not have been pro rata? where by you may have been charged for a few extra days before the billing date? this is a common enough occurrence, i used to have to deal with it a lot. check the actual dates on your bill and see if theres 2 dates i.e.

10th july- 15th july
    16th july - 15th august

this would mean they would charge you a percentage of a bill on top of a full bill. maybe thats where the extra 5 euro came from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

djdunny wrote: »
    would your first bill not have been pro rata? where by you may have been charged for a few extra days before the billing date? this is a common enough occurrence, i used to have to deal with it a lot. check the actual dates on your bill and see if theres 2 dates i.e.

10th july- 15th july
    16th july - 15th august

this would mean they would charge you a percentage of a bill on top of a full bill. maybe thats where the extra 5 euro came from??

THis can be the case for a lot of people who think they have been overcharged, but the op seems to have been promised a €5 discount which Meteor never applied to their account! They have promised to add the discount next month but that is unlikely to happen as this is a regular thing for all mobile companies to be "forgetful" about!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Thanks for the replies lads, i rang them after i posted last night ang im guessing talked to a guy in a call center India who told me yes their was a mistake and told me it would be discounted off the next bill so next months bill would have 10 euros off it, Rang them again this morning on my break(before i had a chance to check back here) and was offered to have the 5 euro refunded to me or stick with having 10 euros off the next one to balance it out, i opted to have it discounted because i know it would take them weeks to refund me the money going on past experiences and what a friend had told me this morning. I should probably still them a letter or email outlining the issue though i guess? I can just see this happening again in 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

djdunny wrote: »

10th july- 15th july
    16th july - 15th august

Nope it was definetly their mistake, they admitted to that when i talked to them last night and today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement