Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai took my name and address

• 18-07-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

Hey I was recently in the car with my 2 friends and one of them was caught for cannabis possession and gave a statement in the car (the driver)(we were parked up). After my friend who was caught, was done giving the statement. The guard came back to the car we were sitting in and took my name and address but I didn't give a statement. I was doing anything wrong the guard just presumed I was stoned because my two friends were smoking in the car when he showed up. What does the guard taking my name and details mean. Does this just mean he will run my name on the computer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

did he caution you?if he didnt you should be fine,but anytime he sees you or your mate he might pull you over and search the car ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

did he caution you?if he didnt you should be fine,but anytime he sees you or your mate he might pull you over and search the car ect

nope he didn't caution me. But if he did what would that mean?

deadybai wrote: »
    nope he didn't caution me. But if he did what would that mean?

it would mean anything you said after that would be on record,if he didnt take statement and didnt caution you you are sound

it would mean anything you said after that would be on record,if he didnt take statement and didnt caution you you are sound

yep ok thanks for the reply. whats the reason he took my name then?

he would have to record any incidents that happened during his shift,that would include names and adresses of anyone he would have been involved in any incidents,
    you are grand dont worry

• Advertisement

he would have to record any incidents that happened during his shift,that would include names and adresses of anyone he would have been involved in any incidents,
    you are grand dont worry

yeah ok thanks for that.

Advertisement