Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you recommend???

• 18-07-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

i am just deciding whether to fill this corner area in with cement just a small depth ,

or should i use the black polypropylene landscape fabric and then just put gravel stones on top instead

Any ideas i would be grateful

photo20_zps8b681c23.jpg

photo21_zps92e1412a.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

faolteam wrote: »
    i am just deciding whether to fill this corner area in with cement just a small depth ,

or should i use the black polypropylene landscape fabric and then just put gravel stones on top instead

Any ideas i would be grateful

photo20_zps8b681c23.jpg

photo21_zps92e1412a.jpg

Install the Mypex,and cut some X,s into it.

Fold back the material when you have made the X cuts and plant some nice flowers and bulbs.
    Then put down a layer of bark chip.

Much nicer than looking at concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭faolteam

can u tell me if i Install the Mypex,and cut some X,s into it.?

will the weeeds not come through, ?

also lot of cats around might be afraid the bark chip might be a nice soft toilet area

faolteam wrote: »
    can u tell me if i Install the Mypex,and cut some X,s into it.?

will the weeeds not come through, ?

also lot of cats around might be afraid the bark chip might be a nice soft toilet area

Install the Mypex and then cut the X,s into it with a sharp stanley knife........where you want to plant the plants/flowers.
    You wont have any problems with weeds.

We have our own garden done this way and never any actual problems with weeds growing or rooting down.

With regards the cats...The more plants and groundcover you have,then the less likely the cats will go in and play around there.

You could also use some decorative stone chip instead of the bark chip.........or even rubber chippings
    Its down to your own personal choice really.:)

Another option.

Install Mypex.

Cut out some holes and plant in some small evergreen plants or ferns along the sides and edges.

Cover area with stone chippings.

Then add in a nice small water feature in the centre....(run the power lead to nearest socket or install an outdoor ground spike socket near the fence).

Now you have a nice litte feature area,with the relaxing sight/sound of water and some nice plants/flowers too.

Advertisement