Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any secondary schools for people with severe disabilities?

Options
  • 18-07-2013 8:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6

Are there any secondary schools for people with severe disabilities?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm sure there are many schools who have special support for disabled people. Some normal schools run special programs for disabled people (mental disorders etc). There are a few mentally disabled people in my school, they are given extra attention and do extra english classes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 KennethSchwarz

I am aware of that kind of special needs support in schools but I was asking are there any secondary schools solely for people with severe disabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

One I'm familiar with is Marino School in Bray. I'm sure it's not the only one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 KennethSchwarz

One I'm familiar with is Marino School in Bray. I'm sure it's not the only one.

I appreciate your response, would you happen to know of anywhere I might be able to look to find out if there are any others like that one in the Dublin region

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I know of a place called St Michaels House but not sure if its just primary or if they do secondary too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Are you talking mental or physical disabilities? When you say secondary school do you mean to do the leaving cert or fetac etc/vocational/skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I appreciate your response, would you happen to know of anywhere I might be able to look to find out if there are any others like that one in the Dublin region

If you contact this school they may be able to direct you to a school near you.

You could also check with the Dept of Education.

Advertisement