Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone found an anti-insect product that actually works?

• 18-07-2013 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭

Last couple of days/evenings in the garden when I have been trying to do a few chores, I have been tortured by flies, so much so that I had to stop what I was doing a retreat indoors:mad:

Not midges but actual flies of some description, must be the sweat attracting them. Once they try to get into your lughole they won't give up, and follow me around even when I walk quite a distance away.

So wondering if there is any product out there that will actually repel them?

Failing that, I am going to have to go with one of these:eek:

australian.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I suppose any old bug spray works. I know what you mean, I've loads to do at the moment, trying to get a greenhouse built and just have to run in after the sun sets. Must get me some spray too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do they though? Haven't tried one yet, but got wet wipes the other day, meant to contain 30% Deet, but these didn't work.

Yip, they've worked for me in the past. I think it was Jungle Formula I used.

You can get different strengths ...
    http://www.jungleformula.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Cigarettes!

The smoke keeps insects away.

Problem solved :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement