Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying weed 'n feed in a drought

• 18-07-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to apply weed, feed & moss killer (all-in-one product) to my lawn, but I want to avoid wasting my time if the conditions just aren't right. I heard on the forecast that the dry warm weather will continue for the next 10 days.

Should I water the lawn say the day before I apply, and then water it a few times in the days after application? It's only 50ft by 20.

The product is Westland Lawn Feed, Weed & Moss Killer.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Does the packaging say anything? I would be inclined to wait until the rain returns. Put the feed down just before it is forecast to rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,758 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

afaik these products advise you to water them in if it doesn't rain with a certain time after application.

Also, think you are meant to not mow the lawn 3 days before/or after application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Manuel

Thanks lads.
    Yes it does say to water the grass if no rain after a few days.
    It also says only to apply when the grass is dry but the ground is moist and there is good growth. Now the ground is certainly not moist, so I thought maybe I could water it for a couple of days before. I just wonder am I wasting my time completely in a drought such as this ...

I might give it a try on my little front lawn first ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

I'd wait for rain ie. normal Irish weather :)

Advertisement