Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Colour Change: The Final Choice.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Why not just leave it down to the people who are actually buying the item this year as that's all it should matter to.
    Get them to pm u and you add up the votes?
    Surely that's the easiest way

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭uphillonly

Black base, Blue logo
    daragh_ wrote: »
    Friends, Comrades, Knights of the Road.

I remember the last time we changed the Jersey vividly. It was a dark period in the history of 410. There was Fred on Fred bare knuckle fighting on Stocking Lane. I had to scrub the blood and gristle from my chain after every spin. I still wake up screaming at night.

Change is wrong, evil and scares elderly people like myself.

Mark my words, NO GOOD WILL COME OF THIS.

Vote PINK. Early and often.

Daragh , if you're worried about lime colour coordination with your existing pink kit you could get a pair of these shorts to help the transition.

original.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Black base, Lime logo
    Should those who own a previous version, but are not in the current order, be entitled to vote ? Maybe there should be two separate orders in that case.

- One for Pink on this order
    - One for Lime (for those how have a jersey already and want a new colour )

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Considering all the outcries for pink, it's doing awfully sh1te in the polls *scratches head*

I was saving my vote for either red or pink, depending on where it was needed to beat that horrible lime. :( Tis' not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Black base, Blue logo
    uphillonly wrote: »
    Daragh , if you're worried about lime colour coordination with your existing pink kit you could get a pair of these shorts to help the transition.

original.jpg

I like it. I like it a lot.

I have to go and lie down now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Black base, Blue logo
    Holy good gravy, I was only messin about owners voting lads, lets not go too mental! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Black base, Red logo
    ror_74 wrote: »
    Should those who own a previous version, but are not in the current order, be entitled to vote ? Maybe there should be two separate orders in that case.

- One for Pink on this order
    - One for Lime (for those how have a jersey already and want a new colour )

I think you've just volunteered yourself to organise an order, take over mine as well while you're at it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Black base, Red logo
    Only the people actually buying in this order, or who already own a jersey should be allowed vote on this -we're getting a whole load of limeys voting who've never worn a boards kit, and never will -I call shennanigans!
    We should ask the regulars on the Fashion & Appearance forum what they think :pac:

What would be a fairer way? Get people to mark their colour preference on the spreadsheet along with their size, and then tally it from there?

Black base, Red logo
    We should ask the regulars on the Fashion & Appearance

What would be a fairer way? Get people to mark their colour preference on the spreadsheet along with their size, and then tally it from there?

I think I might throw in a column in the spreadsheet for colour and see what the results are like.

This is messy messy messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Black base, Lime logo
    stetyrrell wrote: »
    I think you've just volunteered yourself to organise an order, take over mine as well while you're at it ;)

* deletes account and runs for the hills *

:pac:

• Advertisement

Black base, Red logo
    RIGHT.

So if you're part of the order, I've added a column for colour choice. Put your vote in there. ONLY IF YOU'RE PART OF THE ORDER.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Black base, Red logo
    Too many cooks me thinks.

The vote should be open to all boards members...it's a boards jersey after all. It's not an elitest thing, well not for me anyway. If the motors forum were designing a car sticker (which I think they should), I'd like a vote as to how it would look. Wouldn't want any ol' muck advertsing my boards.ie.

What's wrong with a non-cycling boards member wanting a lime jersey so the next time they're out and about, they'll spot the green and give a knowing nod?

BTW, I bet none of this would be an issue if any of the other colours were winning. Us limeys aren't the type to call foul over how others use their democratic vote.

Black base, Red logo
    Soarer wrote: »
    Too many cooks me thinks.

The vote should be open to all boards members...it's a boards jersey after all. It's not an elitest thing, well not for me anyway. If the motors forum were designing a car sticker (which I think they should), I'd like a vote as to how it would look. Wouldn't want any ol' muck advertsing my boards.ie.

What's wrong with a non-cycling boards member wanting a lime jersey so the next time they're out and about, they'll spot the green and give a knowing nod?

BTW, I bet none of this would be an issue if any of the other colours were winning. Us limeys aren't the type to call foul over how others use their democratic vote.

In fairness though, the people who are actually in the order are the people who will be wearing the jerseys, I think that's more important than the people who just want to vote.....

Black base, Red logo
    Really can't see why that makes a difference.

Whatever colour wins, I'm gonna buy it because I want a Boards jersey. The fact that a certain colour won means the majority of people liked that colour more than the rest.

Over 42% of the votes have gone for green. Doesn't bother me in the slightest if that 42% are cyclists or not.

The pink lads have had their day in the sun, and now it's lime's turn. The king is dead, long live the king!

And BTW stetyrrell, this isn't a dig at you. This is the reason why these orders come around once in a blue moon. Everyone wants somebody else to do it, and then has their say on how it should be done. Fair play to you for taking it on, but within reason it should be on your terms.
    You're sorting the supplier, flatface drew up the designs, you did a qualifying poll with a specific end time, you set a final poll with a specific end time, and the winner is the design with the most votes. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Black base, Blue logo
    They won't go back in now!

worms.jpg

Black base, Red logo
    They won't go back in now!

worms.jpg

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE STARTED! :mad:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Black base, Blue logo
    I love Fridays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Black base, Red logo
    How long left for people to vote?

Black base, Red logo
    It says the closing date and time at the top of the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Black base, Lime logo
    I have an original jersey.

I voted blue this time.

I'm not on the order yet because I'm not committing until a colour is picked.

• Advertisement

Black base, Red logo
    It says the closing date and time at the top of the poll.
    It was just my clumsy attempt to keep the thread near the top. :)

Black base, Red logo
    It was just my clumsy attempt to keep the thread near the top. :)

Well then I'll do the same! ;)

Black base, Red logo
    And again!

What would the gilet look like? Is it literally the same as the jersey sans sleeves?

Black base, Red logo
    And again!

What would the gilet look like? Is it literally the same as the jersey sans sleeves?

It's more of a jacket than a jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Just came in here to vote and found the count for red at 666 - Bit of beastly shenanigans going on there? I don't see 666 voters anyway!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Red it is then ....:pac:

Black base, Red logo
    I smell a rat :)

Black base, Red logo
    You know what gets rid of rats?

Lime!

Advertisement