Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a night on the lash in Dublin

Options
  • 18-07-2013 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

How much would be a good budget for a beers session in Dublin for 1 night ? I just need to budget for beer and some pub grup and perhaps a club at the end of the night

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Beers say €5 each. Pub grub €15-€20.
    Club probably €20 admission and then over priced drinks inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Rough guess I'd say you would comfortably be able to do beers, food and nightlcub/late bar for €100 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Beers say €5 each. Pub grub €15-€20.

20 quid?? What clubs are you going to? The stripping kind?

OP if you don't need a taxi(s) depending on how much you want to drink 80 - 140 I would think.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

20 quid into a club with full price drink? I'd tell them to fúck off.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

BGozIE wrote: »
    20 quid?? What clubs are you going to? The stripping kind?

Last time I was in a club (which was admittedly a few years ago) the entry was €15 so I inflationed up. If they've come down then happy days.

OP don't forget the taxi home and the €50 that always mysteriously disappears on a night out for no apparent reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I don't know any club in town that charges more than €12 entrance. And most of them are around €8-10.
    On average a big night out in town for me would be around €100.
    You can do it cheaper however if you head to some bars with drinks offers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How long are you planning on going out and how much will it cost to get home? Hard to put a figure on it without knowing how much the taxi will cost to ferry you back!

€5 x numbers of beers you will have
    €20 for food
    €10 club (although you can probably find somewhere to let you in for free)
    €X for transport
    -€20-€30 that you can't account for
    +€10 that you find mixed in with your keys the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If you are going out on a Friday or Saturday, the Nitelink bus will get you home from town to most parts of Dublin, for a fiver a person. They leave on the hour from midnight to 3 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ProudDUB wrote: »
    for a fiver a person.

Wow its ages since I got one of those is it really a fiver each these days! That is nuts!

jimmii wrote: »
    Wow its ages since I got one of those is it really a fiver each these days! That is nuts!

Last time I got the nightlink about 4 years ago I remember it being 5.50?

• Advertisement

Cheaper than a taxi

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i wouldnt go in to with any less then €100 i would prefer to have €150.

i am the last stop on the night link, so sometimes could be on the bus for 1.5 hours and then have a 15 walk after that. so a choice between €6 night link or €15 in a taxi and home to my door in 15 mins - taxi wins everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

€20 for a food budget is fairy outrageous lads.

You can get a 2 course in Cafe Bliss which is BYOB for €10.

So assuming 6 pints + 2 VRBs...

Drinks €45 (6 pints + 2 VRBs)
    Cans €10 (for BYOB)
    Dinner €10 (Cafe Bliss)
    Club €10 (Standard)
    Kebab €8 (Zaytoon)
    Taxi/Nightlink €5 (Assuming you walk/bus it in and either get a nitelink home or share a taxi)

Total: €88

Personally that'd be me well fed and demolished by the end of the night. Of course you have to factor in the mystery missing tenner and the tenner you need the next day for the hot chicken roll and coke.

But yeah, about €80-100 should see you through a big session.

As an aside... doing that up just made me realise how ****ing expensive it is to go out here. Having been interrailling through most of the main Cities in Central/Eastern Europe you'd spend about half that for the same experience. Even fecking Berlin is max €4 a pint and the same for a Kebab with the public transport going all night. Ireland really is a big ball of ****e at the weekends cost wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Last time I was in a club (which was admittedly a few years ago) the entry was €15 so I inflationed up. If they've come down then happy days.

OP don't forget the taxi home and the €50 that always mysteriously disappears on a night out for no apparent reason.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

the figure €100 seems to be getting thrown around a bit and that seems about right.enjoy your night out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

O'Reillyys bar by Tara St dart station has all pints 3.40 and cocktails 5 euro. If you want a free late night bar try The Gypsy Rose all pints 4 euro or Bruxelles which is free in and has 3 bars. Any of the above places won't cost you too much to drink and also free entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

John Mason wrote: »
    i wouldnt go in to with any less then €100 i would prefer to have €150.

i am the last stop on the night link, so sometimes could be on the bus for 1.5 hours and then have a 15 walk after that. so a choice between €6 night link or €15 in a taxi and home to my door in 15 mins - taxi wins everytime

I'm calling shenanigans on this one, which nitelink takes 90 minutes that you could reach further than for a €15 taxi fare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Depends where you're going and how much you typically drink. O'Reillys is a good shout, much cheaper then elsewhere and €2 for certain drinks on a Saturday night and always free in. If you have a place to have a few pre-drinks in before heading out it can make the night much cheaper, but if you're definitely going to a club it's gonna be hard to not spend a heap of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

John Mason wrote: »

Where do you live? Sure you could walk a €15 taxi journey in less than 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm calling shenanigans on this one, which nitelink takes 90 minutes that you could reach further than for a €15 taxi fare?
    Before they got rid of it, the 51N was one of the two nitelinks I could take. It used to take roughly 75 minutes for me to get home (I got off at more or less the last stop in Clondalkin), whereas a taxi would be about €15 euro and take around 15 minutes as they don't have to take the scenic route which the nitelink took - what the poster is saying is definitely plausible.

Edit: I meant to say that 75 minutes would be the worst case time, i.e. people getting off at most/all stops which happened quite frequently, that was one of the reasons I stopped using it.

• Advertisement

Exactly and what bus journey would take 90 minutes that late at night even if it was stopping at every stop?

If your bringing the missus 200 easy
    this is why I cant go into town anymore.

And I allways seem to have no money the next day.
    I mean not even coins in my pocket.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BoardBanter

Between €70-€100 is usually the price of a good night out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

urbanledge wrote: »
    If your bringing the missus 200 easy
    this is why I cant go into town anymore.

And I allways seem to have no money the next day.
    I mean not even coins in my pocket.
    ?

If I'm bringing my missus I bring around €100 and she brings around €100...equal opportunities and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

20 quid into a club with full price drink? I'd tell them to fúck off.

It's obviously that unique time travelling club that takes you back to 2007 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

cson wrote: »
    €20 for a food budget is fairy outrageous lads.

Dinner €10 (Cafe Bliss)
    Kebab €8 (Zaytoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Newaglish wrote: »

10% saving :P

But yeah sure if you want to do it on the cheap foodwise; get a footlong subway for €6 beforehand and then download the McDonalds app and get the €3.80 Big Mac & Fries for apres club.

€9.80, half the price.

Edit; just to say, if you extreme scrimped it...

€10 16" Apache Pizza; half before, half after.
    10 x pints in O'Reillys/Gypsy Rose/Bruxelles = ~€40
    Walk everywhere.

Night out for €50.

Or bring a naggin in places with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Where do you live? Sure you could walk a €15 taxi journey in less than 90 minutes.
    My cab home always costs €15, a quick google map route tells me it's a 1 hour 48 minute walk! Even if it was half that, not a hope I'm doing that at the end of a night!

I'm with John Mason on this one, I'd rather have 2 less drinks, or a smaller food budget and get a taxi.

Was in town about 2 weeks ago, cost me €130. Bus in, taxi home, food (ricks burgers) shots (about 6). It's not cheap. Skip the shots and taxi and you'll do it for under 100. But whatever you think it'll cost by adding up everything, add about €30-40 to get a real figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Usually do it for €60 or so.Bus in,head to places with drinks deals like O'Reilly's or the Dark Horse.Even cheaper if it's a nice day and I have a few cans in the pav before going to a pub.

Then a burrito after and the nightlink home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Start off outside The Barge in Portobello with 6 tuborg. €7

Advertisement