Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a night on the lash in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Start off outside The Barge in Portobello with 6 tuborg. €7

Take your rubbish with you when your finished if you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

skimpydoo wrote: »
    O'Reillyys bar by Tara St dart station has all pints 3.40 and cocktails 5 euro. If you want a free late night bar try The Gypsy Rose all pints 4 euro or Bruxelles which is free in and has 3 bars. Any of the above places won't cost you too much to drink and also free entry.

O'Reillys is a right kip though and numerous times have seen hassle in there. Used to go but never again. Also most of the pints are manky. I would happily spend little extra and go to a nicer place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

chris85 wrote: »
    O'Reillys is a right kip though and numerous times have seen hassle in there. Used to go but never again. Also most of the pints are manky. I would happily spend little extra and go to a nicer place.

I disagree. O'Reillys is a great spot. I've never seen any hassle in there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I don't think I've spent less than €120 on a night out in Dublin in about 10 years. So, budget for anywhere between €100 and €150.

Yeah, you can do it cheaper, but no-one wants every night out to be a race to the bottom either. I could drink in the Clock for cheaper than I drink in Davy Byrne's, but the Clock is a kip, ergo I'm happy to pay a little bit extra to drink somewhere a bit nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Going on a major bender , it's just after kicking off , I've budgeted 250 euro , I should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

chris85 wrote: »

I have never seen any hassle in there and the Guinness is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I have never seen any hassle in there and the Guinness is nice.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Jeeeeeeeeesus the amount of money people spend on nights out is mental.

250 quid? So if you go out every friday you've spent a grand before the month is over?

I usually spend about 60 quid tops.

*Shoulder bottle of vodka for pre and post drinks - €11
    *Bus into town - €2.40
    *Nitelink or split taxi afterwards- €5-€7
    *5 pints - €25 quid
    *Fast food -€5/€8

The pubs and clubs I would go to wouldn't normally have cover charges, but the odd gig might be a tenner or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Jesus, the number of people spending 100 + quid on a night out is absolutely mental, I think I usually get away with between 40-60 :confused:

5 pints- €25
    Smallish Gig-€10/Nightclub-€7-€10
    Split a cab home with mates-€20 so a fiver each
    If you want food-maybe another €5

€45 in total? If you want to include the cost of a drink or two in your gig maybe another tenner and a few cans/some whiskey/vodka whatever before another 5-10

Absolute maximum would be 60-65.

Advertisement