Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip Jar Thief at Coffee Angel

Options
  • 18-07-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm posting this video in the hope that someone might recognise this individual, who has been caught on video emptying the staff tip jar at Coffee Angel. (See tweet here.) Apparently this isn't the only location he has hit.

He has somewhat distinctive tatttoos. If someone recognises him, please get in contact with Pearse Street Garda station.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Man what a scummy thing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The owner is a long tem Boardsie and all round good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Very low thing to do.. I doubt there'd even be that much cash but I suppose if he is doing a lot of them he's made a bit of money out of it

He should be recognisable from that video though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Excellent quality on the video you don't see that on caught on camera tv shows!! You would need to be doing it about ten times a day to make it worthwhile no way you can keep that up without getting caught at some point. Going to RT them too hopefully someone can track the guy down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Petty sc*mbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Wow, I hope the ease with which he did that, doesn't give other people bad ideas of doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Anyone recognize the tattoo?Its a bit blurred but i think you can get an idea of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,955 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Sneaky fecker. Hope he is recognised. Would love to leave a dummy jar full of acid for the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You think that's bad? A man in his 60s robbed an Autism Ireland collection box from the counter in the shop I used to work in, he tested the strength in the chain on it and just ripped it off when the sales assistant was in the back of the shop getting something for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

What a low down awful thing to do to the staff who work so hard.

It would be great if a paper like the Metro had an area on the front page box devoted to people are wanted for local crimes as someone has to recognize him. Hope this thread helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I saw they had an article about this on thejournal.ie. Does anyone know if they caught the guy involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

is up on the Indo website since 18th
    sad and bad
    Will be in for a coffee tomorrow :-)

Advertisement