Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres Hoping

Options
  • 18-07-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi was wondering if someone might be able to advise me. I have an irregular period (anything between 13 days and 28) and I have just started to try for a baby. I am not sure if I am "late" but i haven't got them in 23 days and am having funny feelings. Not sure if its too early to do a test. Anyone else gone through this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

nikim wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if someone might be able to advise me. I have an irregular period (anything between 13 days and 28) and I have just started to try for a baby. I am not sure if I am "late" but i haven't got them in 23 days and am having funny feelings. Not sure if its too early to do a test. Anyone else gone through this? Thanks

Have you tried a pregnancy test?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nikim

Yeah no joy I'm afraid, but still haven't got my periods yet? Have period pains etc and feel very ill and have done for the past few days. Going to leave it till next week and if I haven't got my period by then, I will do another test!!!!!

Fingers crossed you get some good news pet xxx

If you said your periods are irregular is not uncommon to have a really late one. I have irregular periods, sometimes it can be 55 days (it's a real pain to track ovulation, but monitoring your cervical mucus and using OPK's can help)

Have you been trying for long?

Whats OPKS? Well I am 38 so time running out for me, I think thats why this is so hard to wait. Have a lot of pain today but every time I think i have gotten my period, there is just mucus (sorry to be so descriptive). My husband can't even talk about it. We both wish we could hurry up time and have no periods for say 60 days, then I could do another test and see. I think if I'm not pregnant now, I will to to the doctor and see if I can get on some fertility treatment or something.

Whats OPKS? Well I am 38 so time running out for me, I think thats why this is so hard to wait. Have a lot of pain today but every time I think i have gotten my period, there is just mucus (sorry to be so descriptive). My husband can't even talk about it. We both wish we could hurry up time and have no periods for say 60 days, then I could do another test and see. I think if I'm not pregnant now, I will to to the doctor and see if I can get on some fertility treatment or something.

Sorry, an OPK is an ovulation prediction Kit, its basically a stick you pee on that helps you track when you are ovulating.

How long have you been trying? If you are over 35 and have been trying for 6 months you should go and see your GP, I would recommend sooner rather than later as it can be a very long process.

• Advertisement

Hi did another test negative. Still have no periods and still feeling off. Going to go to the doctor maybe next week and see whats going on. Maybe get a few tests done. Very hard going through this.

Hi did another test negative. Still have no periods and still feeling off. Going to go to the doctor maybe next week and see whats going on. Maybe get a few tests done. Very hard going through this.

Ah I know how you feel, I have been there, I know it is very very hard to hear, but if you can try and relax x

Advertisement