Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy macbook air?

Options
  • 18-07-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy a 13" mac book air.
    we dont have apple stores in ireland.
    do you know if its cheaper to buy them in apple authorised stores or online?
    i checked online and there is no discount on them.
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

They're generally the same price everywhere.

Can be lucky and get a discount on an old model on Amazon etc

Belfast Apple Store is usually the best place to Buy.

• Site Banned Posts: 87 ✭✭F35

If it's for business purposes try expansys.ie and give them your vat number. Knocks 23% off instantly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I usually find these guys great.

http://www.jigsaw24.com/apple-macbook-air-13-inch-dual-i5-1.8ghz-4gb-256gb-flash/mac-deals/-/fcp-product/12081

Thats about 905 euro plus 12 for shipping next day. If you have a vat number they won't charge the vat.

Have used them for lots of work stuff. Keep an eye on the offers pages. They do a lot of trade show equipment so
    they often have offers on machines that where on a conference stand for a week.

Bubonic wrote: »
    I usually find these guys great.

http://www.jigsaw24.com/apple-macbook-air-13-inch-dual-i5-1.8ghz-4gb-256gb-flash/mac-deals/-/fcp-product/12081

Thats about 905 euro plus 12 for shipping next day. If you have a vat number they won't charge the vat.

Have used them for lots of work stuff. Keep an eye on the offers pages. They do a lot of trade show equipment so
    they often have offers on machines that where on a conference stand for a week.

Thanks a million, was looking for other places that knock the vat off there and then, hate having to claim it back!

F35 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, was looking for other places that knock the vat off there and then, hate having to claim it back!

They do for sure, but you have to phone them in the order as their site doesn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the information.
    I will have a look and yes I can claim vat.
    can we buy apple care protection at later some stage?
    apple uk has apple care of 189 and this jigsaw website has it for 124sterling.

Bubonic wrote: »
    They do for sure, but you have to phone them in the order as their site doesn't do it.

Do you know if that works with any other sites?
    ..I've always been limited to whatever expansys had in stock :)

thanks for the information.
    I will have a look and yes I can claim vat.
    can we buy apple care protection at later some stage?
    apple uk has apple care of 189 and this jigsaw website has it for 124sterling.

As far as I know you can buy apple care as long as the machine is still in warranty. but be careful, in Europe warranties has to apply for 2 years on consumer electronics. Apple was recently taken to court for advertising a 1 year warranty and three years on apple care.

You actually have two years on the standard warranty.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

So while the Apple Care warranty is better, its not as good value as it initially seems.

F35 wrote: »
    Do you know if that works with any other sites?
    ..I've always been limited to whatever expansys had in stock :)

I'm not sure but VAT should not be charged on intra-EU business transactions, so in theory any European reseller could take you Irish VAT number and not charge you local VAT.

Advertisement