Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's going on with RDFRA?

• 18-07-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

anyone know whats going on with RDFRA?

rumours flying around camp of raids by MPs, money going missing, investigations, people being arrested.

and they still took my money from my account.

their facebook page and email is not answering and no answer to phonecalls.

with all this happenin i want to get my money back but donnt know whats happenin

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Maoltuile

I haven't heard any of that, but I'd have loved some of that attention by the law for the (very corrupt) 'other' trade union that I'm a very disillusioned member of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

I asked one of the lads I know involved with RDFRA if they had been gotten rid of. He said it was just the Gen Secretary is gone. I'm sure it will all come out in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

He said it was just the Gen Secretary is gone. I'm sure it will all come out in the coming weeks.

Nothing heard about them being gotten rid of, just that the DoD has suspended all pay and expenses while they investigated where all the money was going. Then again, it is all rumour. Any questions on their facebook page are being deleted.

I heard that the Gen Sec was forced out because he questioned where all the money was disappearing to, that he opposed the elections last march which were based on a structure that no longer exists, that he was forced out so that the Gravy Train could continue.

Again, RDFRA are keeping quiet about what is going on and rumours thrive in a vacuum. They need to tell us what is going on - I am also someone not happy with the idea that my sub is going into someone's pocket for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

Are their accounts accessible anywhere I wonder?

The RDFRA Twitter page appears to be down:

https://twitter.com/IrishRDFRA

I wish I was surprised by all of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 62 Reserve Battalion

Maoltuile wrote: »
    The RDFRA Twitter page appears to be down:

https://twitter.com/IrishRDFRA

I wish I was surprised by all of this.

The facebook page is also gone
    https://www.facebook.com/RDFRA

i hate RDFRA. they take our money and treat us like crap. noone knows whats happenin and they dont cares.

want to leave rdfra? ring Reserve Pay Section in galway 091743814 and tell them to stop paying rdfra. maybe theyll listen then when they cant pocket our money.

The facebook page is also gone
    https://www.facebook.com/RDFRA

i hate RDFRA.

A representative association is badly needed, more so than ever over the next three years, but the problem is still there of the tea-drinkers and little Napoleons being among the few people who will actually run for positions and put the time and effort in.

What to do?

Maoltuile wrote: »
    A representative association is badly needed, more so than ever over the next three years, but the problem is still there of the tea-drinkers and little Napoleons being among the few people who will actually run for positions and put the time and effort in.

What to do?

I say kill it off - we got screwed over by rdfra when they brought out that crazy idea last year about replcing the PDF. and all the other crap they pulled. we are better off without them. they will never change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

unions have no backbone these days and are only after your subscription fee's, when i was in the Slua Muiri(NSR) i was in RDFRA and did'nt think much of them to be honest and that was over ten years ago when was active in reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Are their accounts accessible anywhere I wonder?

They were apparently accessible if you went to their office in the curragh, they refused to send me a copy via email or post or to publish them online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/reserve-defence-forces-secretary-challenges-dismissal-29449101.html

THE General Secretary of the Reserve Defence Force's Representative Association (RDFRA) is seeking to stop disciplinary proceedings for alleged gross misconduct against him.

Thomas Walsh, RDFRA's General Secretary since 2008, has brought a High Court action because he fears he could be dismissed arising out of allegations of financial irregularities which he denies.

I say kill it off - we got screwed over by rdfra when they brought out that crazy idea last year about replcing the PDF. and all the other crap they pulled. we are better off without them. they will never change

We do need a representative association, just with better leaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sociological Imagination

The stories sweeping around the place about rdfra maybe true in a lot of cases. However there also maybe some falsehoods. In my opinion RDFRA is damaged goods and should be disbanded. Again, rumor's abounds that it is being used as a gravy train by some who do nothing except marinate in their own belief of self importance, at tax payers expense.

Sadly the media damage inflicted on the Defence community by RDFRA and its lack of professionalism will be used by some as the stick to beat the Defence community with, especially the RDF.

I believe RDFRA has not even the decency to inform its members of what the hell is going on to help end urban myth and rumor. This speaks volumes about RDFRA ie, if they can not defend themselves and the RDFRA brand then how can they defend their members!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

why have a union that the government don't recognise, your money is being poured into a black hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

why have a union that the government don't recognise, your money is being poured into a black hole

It's not a Union, and the government does recognise it.

testicle wrote: »
    It's not a Union, and the government does recognise it.
    the goverment may recognise it as existing but it doesnt really recognise it. would you blame them.

new website www.rdfra.ie but nothing new on it

Advertisement