Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags causing a disturbance late at night.

• 18-07-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

Was awoken last night around 1am by a crowd of scumbags moving slowly through the area around Caherdavin church. The were shouting and laughing loudly. This is the second time this week.

After fuming for about 20 mins. I phoned Henry St. I was dealt with by a sympathetic but slightly disinterested Garda.

She said this was more or less a nightly occurrence around the suburbs and that there was little they could do except "send out a car to move them on"

After about 40mins.they moved on slowly,gradually going out of earshot.

Did anyone else in Caherdavin happen to hear this disturbance last night? I'm getting weary of this increasingly frequent scenario of these scangers making their way home, half-p1ssed, - presumably on their welfare hand-outs - to sleep till noon the following day, after disturbing many people who have to get up for work next morning, to earn money...and pay taxes to support these scumbags.

Great little tolerant country we have alright. Austerity, early to work and hardship is only for the taxpayers. Scumbags drink on.....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Imperial_Ldn

tippman1 wrote: »
    Was awoken last night around 1am by a crowd of scumbags moving slowly through the area around Caherdavin church. The were shouting and laughing loudly. This is the second time this week.

After fuming for about 20 mins. I phoned Henry St. I was dealt with by a sympathetic but slightly disinterested Garda.

She said this was more or less a nightly occurrence around the suburbs and that there was little they could do except "send out a car to move them on"

After about 40mins.they moved on slowly,gradually going out of earshot.

Did anyone else in Caherdavin happen to hear this disturbance last night? I'm getting weary of this increasingly frequent scenario of these scangers making their way home, half-p1ssed, - presumably on their welfare hand-outs - to sleep till noon the following day, after disturbing many people who have to get up for work next morning, to earn money...and pay taxes to support these scumbags.

Great little tolerant country we have alright. Austerity, early to work and hardship is only for the taxpayers. Scumbags drink on.....

how do you know they were scumbags? what is your working definition of a scumbag?

could be aimless teenagers from what you've said

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

how do you know they were scumbags? what is your working definition of a scumbag?

Is there a difference?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Anyone who disturbs a neighbourhood, with total disregard for small children, ill people, elderly or nervous people living alone, at a time when most people are asleep are well deserving of the scumbag label, even "aimless teenagers" are eligible for the title if they haven't the social skills to know how to behave themselves......or maybe they have to commit vandalism to cars & property as well to qualify?

What's your criteria?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Sounds to me like its teenagers on their summer holidays from school. Not much can really be done Barr moving them on or asking them to be quiet.

Is there or should there be a curfew for under 18's though? Would give the gardai some power to either move them on home or hit parents with a fine if their kids are out till all hours making noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

tippman1 wrote: »
    presumably on their welfare hand-outs - to sleep till noon the following day, after disturbing many people who have to get up for work next morning, to earn money...and pay taxes to support these scumbags.

Tis a disgrace so it is joe......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The scumbags always invade good areas to cause misery....see they live in Moyross or Ballynanty, so those rich people living in Caherdavin must suffer as a result. They deliberately go to areas they have no business being in, dont even live close to.

They do it on purpose, same as how they invade Castletroy and Raheen...jealousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Funny.

Usually when i am woken by drunks shouting at 1 am its men and women in their 30s and 40s on the way home from the pub. I live in Dublin though so maybe our scumbags take longer to grow up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The scumbags always invade good areas to cause misery....see they live in Moyross or Ballynanty, so those rich people living in Caherdavin must suffer as a result. They deliberately go to areas they have no business being in, dont even live close to.

They do it on purpose, same as how they invade Castletroy and Raheen...jealousy.

What a ridiculous post!
    Crass and offensive generalisation of people on both sides of your ''class'' system.
    Is it people from Moyross and Ballynanty invading those nice quiet estates in Castletroy and Raheen too?
    Or are there a few southside estates taking care of their scumbag importation?

Just to point out, rather than these being ''imported'' scumbags, given that it is summer, that there is plenty of draw in the Caherdavin area for teens and young adults(Namely Cinema, Bowling and a few fast-food spots) and that Caherdavin has a fairly large teen population of its own, with not a lot for that teen population to do other than visit those places mentioned, or to hang around together and actually socialize in person....
    It is much more likely that these folks were local to the area, and the Church in Caherdavin has always been a local ''hang-out''

Your post smacks of a them and us attitude that has become ever more prevalent in Limerick with the Regeneration boards great idea of dispersing the anti-social elements across what have traditionally been Limerick's ''middle-class'' areas.
    I'll say one thing for Limerick City Council on this regard, their efforts to distract from their not solving any of the city's social problems have been fairly well distracted from by their policy of moving the issues and people developing a siege mentality rather than forcing our local rep's to deal with issues in a rational manner.
    Not a strategy I agree with myself and one that seems to my mind to be part of a process of long term land grabbing, devalue an area by importing trouble or undertaking urban''renewal'' or to at least engender that belief amongst those ''under siege'' that this place is on the slide lets sell up and get out forcing the prices down and the ''nice'' people out!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Get off your high horse, Moyross and Ballynanty have some of the nicest people you will ever meet, just because an area has a bad name doesn't mean the people fit the description of being a scumbag. People like you only show the discrimination people from Regeneration areas face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

banie01 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous post!
    Crass and offensive generalisation of people on both sides of your ''class'' system.
    Is it people from Moyross and Ballynanty invading those nice quiet estates in Castletroy and Raheen too?
    Or are there a few southside estates taking care of their scumbag importation?

Just to point out, rather than these being ''imported'' scumbags, given that it is summer, that there is plenty of draw in the Caherdavin area for teens and young adults(Namely Cinema, Bowling and a few fast-food spots) and that Caherdavin has a fairly large teen population of its own, with not a lot for that teen population to do other than visit those places mentioned, or to hang around together and actually socialize in person....
    It is much more likely that these folks were local to the area, and the Church in Caherdavin has always been a local ''hang-out''

Your post smacks of a them and us attitude that has become ever more prevalent in Limerick with the Regeneration boards great idea of dispersing the anti-social elements across what have traditionally been Limerick's ''middle-class'' areas.
    I'll say one thing for Limerick City Council on this regard, their efforts to distract from their not solving any of the city's social problems have been fairly well distracted from by their policy of moving the issues and people developing a siege mentality rather than forcing our local rep's to deal with issues in a rational manner.
    Not a strategy I agree with myself and one that seems to my mind to be part of a process of long term land grabbing, devalue an area by importing trouble or undertaking urban''renewal'' or to at least engender that belief amongst those ''under siege'' that this place is on the slide lets sell up and get out forcing the prices down and the ''nice'' people out!

I'm pretty sure he was taking the piss :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't think it matters where people live. If people have teenagers under the age of 18 wandering the streets after midnight, they are in my opinion, failing to parent. There is no valid reason for teenagers to be wandering around at that hour. Especially if they're making a racket on a weeknight and disturbing people who have to get up for work the next morning. It's Johnny tax payer thats contributing to your childrens allowance every month, the least the tax payer is entitled to is a decent nights sleep, free of interuption from you're wandering offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

This is why I live in the country with no close neighbours. I hate people, they bother me.

Advertisement