Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clasic Camper Insurance.

Options
  • 18-07-2013 12:07pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can someone point me in the direction of insurance companies that do classic insurance to cover an 1987 VW camper.

I thought I could have got cover on my classic car policy with Carole Nash, but apparently they wont cover any camper on a classic policy after 1980:eek:

So where do I go from here, I,m currently covered with Dolman, but are there any other I should be trying.

Thanks

kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭holyhutzpa

I've got my t25 insured with stuarts, nice bunch... thankfully haven't had to claim from them yet *touches wood*

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Got a good fully comp quote from First ireland, and a good quote from for third party only from Campions. Both for cover on the T25 and 76 beetle.

So there is life after CN:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Hi kadman, when you say "classic" are you meaning "vintage"?.

Vintage has to be over 30 years old.
    My Romahome is a 1986 and I've never known anything about classic insurance.

Probably mean classic, as thats what the policy is under , classic insurance.

Got a quote, fully comp for a 76 beetle and an 87 T25, 247 from First Ireland.

Campions, 320 for both vehicles, open driving, third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

that's for Motor tax...for insurance, it's whatever age you can negotiate for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Thanks, that's a new one on me. I'll try it when my renewal comes in next month and report back.

I told Carole Nash, I would have to look elsewhere for insurance, if they cant cover both the beetle and the 87 camper on classic.

They got back to me this morning, and said they would cover the camper as well on classic :D

Advertisement