Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squatters rights

• 18-07-2013 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest I thought I would put this on here to see what feedback I would get from some you more in the know...

A family friend is living in a house now this 10 years, the house belonged to a relative of his (his grandmothers brother) who passed away 5 years ago, the house had been lying empty 5 years before he moved in as the owner was very old and very unwell and living in a nursing home.

He said he just put it to his family who he barely speaks to that he would move into the property as it was empty and doing nothing anyway and so he did.

The house and lands have only recently been allocated to the family members and he says the person who was left the house has no interest in it and he hasnt spoke to him in 30 odd years.

He's afraid now that he will be told to leave the house by one of the owners children and be left with no where to go, so does he have any right or case to maybe claim the house as squatters rights? I read on the net there is a 12 year period so if he is there the 12 years and can prove he has been there has he any case?

Comments

Advertisement