Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Czech Republic

Options
  • 18-07-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I was hoping to get advice on living in the Czech Republic from anyone who has relocated there or currently living there.
    I don't speak Czech so am a bit worried about the language barrier. Are there many people who speak English living in the Czech Republic?

Also, are the natives and community friendly and helpful in terms of understanding the language etc?

What is the accomodation like?

Is the community of English speakers large and are there societies and clubs for fellow English speakers?

Alot of questions, but was hoping to get some insight please from anyone with any info! thanks!!

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You'll need to specify the location you have in mind; there's a great difference between Prague or Brono and a random village.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 beedollx

it is brno i am considering moving to? it seems relatively big??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

beedollx wrote: »
    Hi,

I was hoping to get advice on living in the Czech Republic from anyone who has relocated there or currently living there.
    I don't speak Czech so am a bit worried about the language barrier. Are there many people who speak English living in the Czech Republic?

Also, are the natives and community friendly and helpful in terms of understanding the language etc?

What is the accomodation like?

Is the community of English speakers large and are there societies and clubs for fellow English speakers?

Alot of questions, but was hoping to get some insight please from anyone with any info! thanks!!

:)

Huge expat english speaking community, most young Czechs speak English. You'll be grand, but do try and learn Czech.

source - three years in Prague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spamar

Hi,
    I am a Czech living 70 years in this country.
    After the Velvet Revolution all children started to learn english instead of russian language.
    There is no problem to live here because all young people speak one, two or three foreign languages.
    In big cities you can find Irish pubs where plenty of your people meet each other.
    The Czech language is really difficult to learn but if you have friends you will do it very soon.
    Have a nice day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement