Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

join gun club near carbury

• 18-07-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all im looking to join a gun club first time in Ireland my new home for 11 yrs. In Wales I never needed a license for an air rifle but now I want to move up to. 22 gallery shooting. Looking for club to join close to home, happy to help in any way I can. Cheers are

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

harbour house might be your best option. it just held the gallery international with ireland germany and the uk. they have great facilities and even better members here is a link to there site

http://www.harbourhouseshooting.com/

hope this helps

TB26

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Try Johnstown Bridge Game & Conservation Club (near Enfield). Contact Club Secretery: Nigel Langan 087 9202 225

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

KE_MAN wrote: »
    Try Johnstown Bridge Game & Conservation Club
    Think the OP is looking for a range. Hence the post in target forum, and his comment about Gallery rifle;
    adrian5765 wrote: »
    ............. I want to move up to. 22 gallery shooting............
    Perhaps the confusion comes from the use of gun club and how we associate it to a game club.

Now if Johnstown offer such a range and facilities please disregard my post in it's entirety.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

thanks for your info, went to see the open event at HH and looking to join this weekend, once again thanks for all your help in this matter

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Smudge08

Hi, I was hoping to call over to HH soon as I hope to join a club. I'm a complete beginner but this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I haven't got a licence so this is all very new to me. Just wondering is calling to a club like HH the first step I should take?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭adrian5765

I called and asked for Tommy. The owner the lads are really friendly I might suggest there Facebook page and a trip Saturday they are holding their monthly safety course handy for urban gun app if not owned a gun before.

Smudge08 wrote: »
    Hi, I was hoping to call over to HH soon as I hope to join a club. I'm a complete beginner but this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I haven't got a licence so this is all very new to me. Just wondering is calling to a club like HH the first step I should take?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Smudge08 wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Yep, give the club a shout. There's the link below. You'll get the phone number and email there.

www.harbourhouseshooting.com

We were all complete beginners at some stage so that's nothing to be worried about.

A phone call or email in advance would make sure that someone was there to show you around and answer any questions that you have. Saturday is usually the best day to call down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Smudge08

Thanks lads, ill call down to HH soon so. Looking forward to getting the ball rolling as this is something I've wanted to do for quite some time.

Thanks again.

Advertisement