Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks like i could be pregnant what do you all think :)

Options
  • 18-07-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

2a84uaw.jpg
    done this test last night at 6pm

2gvm1pd.jpg

this is what i did 1st thing this morning.

i actually don't know what to think

My last period 1st day was on 15th june i have 28 day cycle i been feeling emotional been sick for last like 3 days and my boobs are killing me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lena_lowe

what do you all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi Lena_lowe,

It's a bit unclear from the tests you show, is there any reason you took apart the digital one?

I took loads of the pound shop tests when I saw a faint line, but it wasn't until I finally gave in and took a first response test that I was convinced....

Hi Lena_lowe,

It's a bit unclear from the tests you show, is there any reason you took apart the digital one?

I took loads of the pound shop tests when I saw a faint line, but it wasn't until I finally gave in and took a first response test that I was convinced....

was told that the digital only say positive only if dark lines but you can be pregant when there is faint lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Try taking the test first think in the morning. you can get better results.

just an update i took all test 1st thing in morning and still not sure what to think

i been sick most days now to the point i had to leave work today because the smell of hot food.
    My boobs have been killing me!
    also really bad heart burn :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Lena_lowe wrote: »
    just an update i took all test 1st thing in morning and still not sure what to think

i been sick most days now to the point i had to leave work today because the smell of hot food.
    My boobs have been killing me!
    also really bad heart burn :(

My boobs really really hurt before I found out I was pregnant. Can you get to the doc during the week to get it confirmed? Congrats if you are :)

loubian wrote: »
    My boobs really really hurt before I found out I was pregnant. Can you get to the doc during the week to get it confirmed? Congrats if you are :)

i am going try on monday you know when you know you are but nothing say you are i just feel as if i am done few more test i'm actually only 8 days late but still im going mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

How far pregnant would you be if you were pregnant? You should be getting very clear positives if your period was due a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Clear blue digital tests come with 2 tests in the box, if both say positive congrats.

I used one, went to the doc and told her the test came out positive, she was making conversation and said, what brand when I said clearblue, she said well they're pretty accurate congrats!

I was very freaked out doing the tests and at the beginning too but you'll be fine and there's only so much peeing on sticks you can do before you drive yourself nuts, pop to the doctor on Monday and get confirmation... (Also wouldn't hurt to start taking some folic acid if you're not already :) )

If i was pregnant i would be 5 weeks 1st time i was pregnant nothing showed up on test until i was 9 weeks!!!

Symptoms boobs are tender and bigger bra feels tighter also lot's of bumps around the nipple and green veins standing out!!

Feeling tiered yet struggling to sleep feeling sick and sensitive to alot of smells and food i did love!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

A lot of those symptoms could be dut to a late period though. The early signs of pregnancy are very similar to PMS.

We were trying for a long time, and several times based upon 'symptoms' I was sure I must be pregnant, only to discover I wasn't.

From the images you show of your first early morning test I would say that is definitely negative. But if there is any doubt, instead of spending more money on home tests, get to the doctor and get a blood test and urine test. The blood test is the most accurate way to test in early stages. If your BHcg is over 7 then it is a good indicator of early pregnancy. Then you want it to double regularly.

Get yourself to a doctor, even an oncall one or a walk in clinic. Set your mind at rest. All the wondering could be affecting your cycle also.

Fingers crossed for you.

A lot of those symptoms could be dut to a late period though. The early signs of pregnancy are very similar to PMS.

We were trying for a long time, and several times based upon 'symptoms' I was sure I must be pregnant, only to discover I wasn't.

From the images you show of your first early morning test I would say that is definitely negative. But if there is any doubt, instead of spending more money on home tests, get to the doctor and get a blood test and urine test. The blood test is the most accurate way to test in early stages. If your BHcg is over 7 then it is a good indicator of early pregnancy. Then you want it to double regularly.

Get yourself to a doctor, even an oncall one or a walk in clinic. Set your mind at rest. All the wondering could be affecting your cycle also.

Fingers crossed for you.

I am going doctors tomorrow for bloods but i did one test this morning with 1st urine and it was negative now starting to think i am just very later period

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

over thinking it has led to being late so many times for so many women, so try and relax this evening and the doctor will let you know tomorrow one way or another!

Good Luck

I AM PREGNANT!!!!

Not sure how far i am yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Yay!!! Many congrats! I've been checking in on this thread to see how you've been getting on - I'm delighted for you!!

If the first day of your last period was the 15 th June, and you've a 28 day cycle, you'd be about 5 weeks, and your due date will be around the 22nd March next year, according to the babycenter due date calculator. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I AM PREGNANT!!!!

Not sure how far i am yet

Glad to hear it. Ive been keeping an eye here hoping you wil be popping back to the march thread.
    Congrats

So i had the good news your pregnant i knew i was so i was happy crying that i had my bloods come postive back tell family and so on excited as i have had 2 miscarriages in the past

2 hours later get a phone call back from the receptions saying my blood has in fact come back saying not showing any HCG levels so ofc i am now crying my eyes out but she said sorry just did not read your results right i will get nurse to ring you tomorrow morning

i mean wtf?!?!?

my AF is now 13 days late btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So i had the good news your pregnant i knew i was so i was happy crying that i had my bloods come postive back tell family and so on excited as i have had 2 miscarriages in the past

2 hours later get a phone call back from the receptions saying my blood has in fact come back saying not showing any HCG levels so ofc i am now crying my eyes out but she said sorry just did not read your results right i will get nurse to ring you tomorrow morning

i mean wtf?!?!?

What? On whst did they base the positive result if your bloods hadn't come back? I'd be ringing the surgery first thing to demand answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

nikpmup wrote: »
    What? On whst did they base the positive result if your bloods hadn't come back? I'd be ringing the surgery first thing to demand answers!

+1 that is insane. I would scream blue murder. You poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

i mean wtf?!?!?

That's awful Lena. You must have been so excited when you got the first call. I can't believe they fobbed you off with a phone call inthe morning for an explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

You poor thing, that is awful for you.

I would be changing doctors too - not being able to read a basic BHcg test is pretty dreadful IMO. I have seen these tests results myself and they are pretty straight forward once you know what the values mean.

I also think that if you are never normally late, and are now 13 days late your doctor should be asking some questions there too.

Thinking of you Lena. Hope things look up for you soon. hugs xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

i mean wtf?!?!?

Oh my god you poor thing how horrible is that. I cant even begin to imagine how you feel.

Sorry i not been on in a while i hope you can understand i have been a bit upset so now i'm like okay im not pregnant yet i still have all the symptoms so confused right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's been very rough on you Lena, look after yourself, I hope things work out for you soon

Lisha wrote: »
    It's been very rough on you Lena, look after yourself, I hope things work out for you soon

Thanks i'm reading sutff online about bloods being negative when you are in fact pregnant so i am starting to think this now as i am still having all symptoms including a bloated stomach making me look 3 months gone!!

Did a test befor it came up a faint BFP really don't know what to think now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

hey sorry to hear all there putting you through..
    I would say go with your gut.. and its not really heard of to get a false BFP but its known you can get a false Neg..

There's nothing worse than been left in Limbo I wish I could give you words of encouragement but I dont know what to say that would help any

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi Lena

I really don't know what to say and would hate to say the wrong thing,
    But really all you can do is wait maybe a week if possible and test again .
    I eiuld be seeing gp on Monday too as really I can't understand how they gave you such conflicting information .

Best of luck

it helps speaking on here you all helped me i just know i am pregnant and the blood saying i am not can it happen that it is just not detecting anything?

• Advertisement

ip48p2.jpg

this is what my stomach looks like at the moment i am bloated as feck i never get like this i just dont understand i already told myself i am not pregnant but what is this???

Advertisement