Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motor Insurance Claim Query

• 18-07-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

I had an accident in March of this year involving two other cars
    Car1 Mr. x
    Car2 Ms Y
    Car3 Me

· basically car in front of me ploughed into car in front of her (A lot of Damage) and I couldn’t get stopped and hit her (Slight Damage)
    · I reported accident to ensure I wasn’t held liable for all 3 cars and all agreed with story above
    · I’m told I am responsible for damage to her rear but not front damage which I am ok with
    Now my issue is that she hasn’t (Car2) yet claimed against anyone and my car is up for renewal and they have reduced my no claims bonus because it’s an outstanding claim

my insurer tells me I have to claim on last year’s policy and not my new one which would have giving me 5 years claims free and allowed me to protect my no claims bonus

They say this is how all policies work but haven’t shown me where it says that,

Are they right???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You will have to claim on the policy that was in force at the time of the accident. You can't get no claims on renewal and have that retrospectively protect your no claims if you didn't have that at the time of the accident.

It wouldn't make sense if it did because everyone renewing with a claim pending would take out the protection and render it pointless.

Advertisement