Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Initial reaction....a bit disappointed with the Bulls pick, thought there looked to be good talent at #16 and #19, and they swap them both to draft an unathletic Senior at #11.

Watched his draftexpress video, not big, not fast, his scoring numbers are impressive, but looks like he could have problems translating that to the NBA. The 3-point shooting will translate, but the stuff inside, not sure he gets those shots off against bigger/stronger players.

3-point shooting is always good, but was expecting a bit more than that with the depth of the draft.

Will wait to see him play, but not exactly hyped about the pick right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

padraig_f wrote: »
    Initial reaction....a bit disappointed with the Bulls pick, thought there looked to be good talent at #16 and #19, and they swap them both to draft an unathletic Senior at #11.

Watched his draftexpress video, not big, not fast, his scoring numbers are impressive, but looks like he could have problems translating that to the NBA. The 3-point shooting will translate, but the stuff inside, not sure he gets those shots off against bigger/stronger players.

3-point shooting is always good, but was expecting a bit more than that with the depth of the draft.

I think Denver did very well in the deal. They got quality SG in Garry Harris and a skilled young 7 footer that can hide in Europe until they need him

Surprised nobody drafted Patric Young From Florida

Spurs got Kyle Anderson at 30. Very nice pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Very happy with getting Wiggins! We didn't mess up the pick!!!!

The best pick of the draft has to be this though, a superb gesture from the NBA:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was finishing up in work (not that I got much done yesterday) after Napier to Miami was confirmed, so missed the last bit of the first round on my way home before dozing off. How in the hell did NYK get Early :eek:

Anderson is a good fit for the Spurs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Chad Ford likes it, so that's something.
    CHICAGO BULLS | GRADE: A

Round 1: Doug McDermott (11)

Round 2: Cameron Bairstow (49)

Analysis: The Bulls really wanted a shooter, and packaged 16 and 19 to get their guy. McDermott can shoot the lights out, is ready to play right now and fits a need. He's a home run for the Bulls at No. 11. I'm not sure how Tom Thibodeau will feel about McDermott's defense, but offensively, he's perfect for the Bulls. Bairstow is tough, an old-school power forward, but he lacks athleticism and will likely start his career overseas.

Bit more here:
    NBA Draft 2014: Doug McDermott scouting report

I guess the thinking is they didn't want a project, and his role would be being a scorer for the second unit. Forman mentioned they liked his ability to create his own shot.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Spurs got Kyle Anderson at 30. Very nice pick up.
    Anderson truly is a great pick for the Spurs, his passing abiitiy makes him stand out along with is rebounding, 3-point shooting percentage and game IQ. What he lacks in position he more than makes up for it in game IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A bit anticlimactic overall from the trade perspective. Guess we have to wait until next week for the fireworks to begin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

i generally cringe at drafted player comparisons to current/past players but a few i think are particularly apt this year are

embid-hakeem
    parker-pierce
    smart-wade
    lavine-gerald green(maby a stretch)

do ye agree or disagree? or have i just been foolishly sucked into these stupid comparisons :D

Embiid could be close to a Hakeem but in my opinion far more likely to be a Sam Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fanatics2014

i am a Jabari fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

Given that Noel is essentially a rookie this year, I'm REALLY interested to see how Embiid and Noel play together. That partnership, being fed by MCW has serious potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

1DRose wrote: »
    Given that Noel is essentially a rookie this year, I'm REALLY interested to see how Embiid and Noel play together. That partnership, being fed by MCW has serious potential.

You'll be waiting, Embiid is out injured until Christmas at the very least and Philly will be in no rush to bring him back, they might start winning games, and that's not in the plan for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

You'll be waiting, Embiid is out injured until Christmas at the very least and Philly will be in no rush to bring him back, they might start winning games, and that's not in the plan for next season.

I know that.

But we will see some glimpses towards the end of the regular season i hope. Though I agree, it wouldn't surprise me to see Embiid shelved for the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement