Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

This draft is deep but I don't see many outside the top 10, Maybe stretch to 15 players who I think might have viable NBA careers

My top 15 right now. Purely based the players. Not a Mock Draft

1. Jabari Parker
    2. Andrew Wiggins
    3. Joel Embiid
    4. Julius Randel
    5. Marcus Smart
    6. Aaron Gordon
    7. Dante Exum
    8. Jerami Grant
    9. Gary Harris
    10. Noah Vonleh
    11. Zach LaVine
    12. Rodney Hood
    13. James Young
    14. Glenn Robinson III
    15. Montrezl Harrell

Have to say I'm quickly going off Julius Randle as a top prospect. I've watch quite allot of him recently and you see allot of weakness show up in his game. Right now I'd place him 7th. I really think the mock drafts are seriously underrating Arron Gordon. Some have him as low as 16. That's just ridiculous

Shame to see Marcus Smart lash our at an opposition fan. He's been playing so well recently. Looking like a top 5 draft pick and No.1 overall PG.

More on the Marcus Smart situation. The fan he shoved admits to calling smart a Piece of Sh1t. Smart claims he heard the N word. In any case Smart has been suspended for 3 games,

I don't see it really effecting his draft stock. I still think he will be the No.1 PG.
    Defiantly a top 10, possibly top 5 depending on the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

More on the Marcus Smart situation. The fan he shoved admits to calling smart a Piece of Sh1t. Smart claims he heard the N word. In any case Smart has been suspended for 3 games,

I don't see it really effecting his draft stock. I still think he will be the No.1 PG.
    Defiantly a top 10, possibly top 5 depending on the order.
    With the reaction he had to have used the N word, he wouldnt have even looked at him with any other insult

Supposedly he said "Go back to Africa N word"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Smart needs to be careful. Dante Exum is breathing down his neck. Smart is going to need to up his game for the rest of the season to secure a top 5 pick. Or GM's will looking at the Australian for their PG needs.

Smart needs to be careful. Dante Exum is breathing down his neck. Smart is going to need to up his game for the rest of the season to secure a top 5 pick. Or GM's will looking at the Australian for their PG needs.

I think Exum was always going to be ahead off Smart, think Exum will be top three myself come the end off it

The stars of this Syracuse team have definitely increased their stock in this draft

PG, Tyler Ennis could very well be a top 10 selection with the way he's been playing recently. With his team mate The long arm PF, Jerami Grant not far behind.

The stars of this Syracuse team have definitely increased their stock in this draft

PG, Tyler Ennis could very well be a top 10 selection with the way he's been playing recently. With his team mate The long arm PF, Jerami Grant not far behind.
    See a few have Ennis going fifth ahead off Smart

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    See a few have Ennis going fifth ahead off Smart
    Yeah that could very well happen. I like Smart, Watched him play a good bit last years too. He was expected to declare for last years draft, but decided to stay.

But I wouldn't be surprised if hes the 3rd PG off the board after Exum and Ennis

Yeah that could very well happen. I like Smart, Watched him play a good bit last years too. He was expected to declare for last years draft, but decided to stay.

But I wouldn't be surprised if hes the 3rd PG off the board after Exum and Ennis
    Well Exum would be for me the Star turn at PG, looks the complete deal. I think Smarts problem is he didnt really kick on from last year

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well Exum would be for me the Star turn at PG, looks the complete deal. I think Smarts problem is he didn't really kick on from last year

Yeah you're not wrong there. There's not a whole lot of progression this year from Smart. He's had some good performances but not much consistency.

The most likely team to have the 1st pick right now are the Bucks. If they are going for the best player in the Draft, It's Jabari Parker. If they are going with team needs first, they probably go with Embid.

The most likely team to have the 1st pick right now are the Bucks. If they are going for the best player in the Draft, It's Jabari Parker. If they are going with team needs first, they probably go with Embid.
    I myself dont see Parker being the best, I think think myself Wiggins still has the most upside. Really I would have thought myself if Bucks get it center would be a position they would go for, I think Sanders is there only decent player (but maybe a trade is on the way) well besides the young lad who Im not even going to try and spell :o myself I think if they get it they will go for Exum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Fantastic game between Duke and Maryland on ESPN just there. Jabari came up with a huge play at the end of the game to put them ahead by 2. I was really impressed with Parker, this guy is going to be so good next year. I cannot see how Wiggins could possibly be drafted ahead of him atm. Half tempted to watch Florida vs Kentucky next and see how Randle is looking, but I think the all star festivities mught win out, I'll be channel hopping though!

Exum No.1? No! Especially if it's the Bucks selecting 1st. They have a pretty good PG in Brandon Knight. Sanders contract expires this summer so Embiid would fill a need. But they would be a brave team to pass up on Jabari

buyer95 wrote: »
    Fantastic game between Duke and Maryland on ESPN just there. Jabari came up with a huge play at the end of the game to put them ahead by 2. I was really impressed with Parker, this guy is going to be so good next year. I cannot see how Wiggins could possibly be drafted ahead of him atm. Half tempted to watch Florida vs Kentucky next and see how Randle is looking, but I think the all star festivities mught win out, I'll be channel hopping though!

Yeah Parker is something special. I agree head and shoulders ahead of Wiggins right now. Randel has been impressive in games where UK are clear favorites but when it;s been put up to him against top sides, More than often he comes up short.

Right now. Draft order based on current standings

1 Parker > Bucks
    2 Embid > 76ers
    3 Wiggins > Magic
    4 Randle > Kings
    5 Exum > Lakers
    6 Gordon > Celtic
    7 Vonleh > Jazz
    8 Harris > Nuggets
    9 Young > Cavs
    10 Saric > Hornets

Right now. Draft order based on current standings

1 Parker > Bucks
    2 Embid > 76ers
    3 Wiggins > Magic
    4 Randle > Kings
    5 Exum > Lakers
    6 Gordon > Celtic
    7 Vonleh > Jazz
    8 Harris > Nuggets
    9 Young > Cavs
    10 Saric > Hornets

Marcus Smart is surely a top 10 pick.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Marcus Smart is surely a top 10 pick.
    You now what?. I definitely would have said that too. But I looked at the current order and lined up the most logical pick based on team needs and who was left on the board.

Lets just say the draft order ends up like that

1. Bucks will take Parker 1st. I think anyone who gets the pick will.

2. This would leave the 76ers with the option to go Embiid or Wiggins, depending on which direction they want to go. They also have the Pelicans 1st round pick which leads me to believe they will go with Embiid and and hope to land a SF with that 2nd pick.

3. Magic could do with a PG. But It would be a very brave move to pass up on Wiggins. This is the pick that moves Smart out of the top 10

4. I don't see the Kings going for a PG either. I see them going for a PF, either Randle or Gordon

5. I think the Lakers could go one of two ways. PG or PF, Exum or Gordon. I went with Exum. He comes very highly rated, the only question is that teams might question his ability to make the transition from Australia to the NBA. If they go PG, other options could be Ennis or Smart

6. Next up. The Celtics. Like the Lakers, I think they go PG or PF. Gordon makes the most sense now. But their PG situation could also change, depending on what happens with Rondo

7. The Jazz won't go with a PG, Trey Burke is the man they are building on in that position. Thay could do with a PF or SF. Vonleh looks the best PF left on the board. They could also go SF and draft Hood or Grant

8. Denver need a SG. Either Harris or Lavine

9. Cavs Need allot, They probably go with the best player thats left on the board. I went with James Young.

10. Hornets need scoring, They need a shooter, preferably a forward. Dario Saric looks the best to fill that need

Exum No.1? No! Especially if it's the Bucks selecting 1st. They have a pretty good PG in Brandon Knight. Sanders contract expires this summer so Embiid would fill a need. But they would be a brave team to pass up on Jabari
    Sanders signed a new contract last year, 4 years if I remember correctly. Unless they move Sanders which I cant see them doing. I dont rate Knight at all and see Exum becoming a superstar like Westbrook. The reason I dont see them picking a small forward is because off the Greek guy who could end up amazing

Syracuse Orange undefeated run comes to an end. Beaten my Boston College.

Dante Exum, A self confessed Laker fan. Was at the Lakers game last night, With new agent Rob Pelinka, An agent who also represents Kobe Bryant

Lakers could go with a PG. If they like Exum, he could very will be their pick in this draft

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unbelievable atmosphere in Duke tonight. Aside from Parker, who are the main players I should be looking out for from a draft perspective in this Syracuse @ Duke game?

Paully D wrote: »
    Unbelievable atmosphere in Duke tonight. Aside from Parker, who are the main players I should be looking out for from a draft perspective in this Syracuse @ Duke game?

Duke - Rodney Hood is the best player on Duke after Parker. He's projected to be in the top 20. I think he is top a 15, possibly top 10. Really him and Parker play the same position. It's an extremely strong draft for SF. Hood is a good player but he's not as good as James Young a UK and he's a distance behind the big 2 of Parker and Wiggins

Syracuse have 2 guys who are easily top 15 guys in this draft Jerami Grant is a 6ft8 stretch 4 with a ridiculous 7'3 wingspan. See this guys long arms. Good player but not as good as Randle at UK and Gordon at Arizona

Tyler Ennis is a PG who could go in the top 10. If Exum is No.1, This guy could top Marcus smart for the 2nd PG of the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Duke - Rodney Hood is the best player on Duke after Parker. He's projected to be in the top 20. I think he is top a 15, possibly top 10. Really him and Parker play the same position. It's an extremely strong draft for SF. Hood is a good player but he's not as good as James Young a UK and he's a distance behind the big 2 of Parker and Wiggins

Syracuse have 2 guys who are easily top 15 guys in this draft Jerami Grant is a 6ft8 stretch 4 with a ridiculous 7'3 wingspan. See this guys long arms. Good player but not as good as Randle at UK and Gordon at Arizona

Tyler Ennis is a PG who could go in the top 10. If Exum is No.1, This guy could top Marcus smart for the 2nd PG of the board.

I probably just caught Ennis on a bad night, but he was atrocious. 2-13 from the field. The Syracuse back court was the reason they lost it.

Jim Boenhim lost the plot last night but rightly so, I felt that call was poor. Such a rubbish way to decide that game.

I probably just caught Ennis on a bad night, but he was atrocious. 2-13 from the field. The Syracuse back court was the reason they lost it.

Jim Boenhim lost the plot last night but rightly so, I felt that call was poor. Such a rubbish way to decide that game.

I agree. Definitely not a offensive foul. It happened at a time that really killed the Orange momentum.

Did you attend Paully?

• Advertisement

Any of you guys want to join the Bracketology pool?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement