Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

ACC Player of the year

I wonder how Duke's early exit from the NCAA tournament will effect Jabari Parker's Draft stock. My initial thoughts are, It won't make a massive difference, But only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

I wonder how Duke's early exit from the NCAA tournament will effect Jabari Parker's Draft stock. My initial thoughts are, It won't make a massive difference, But only time will tell

Can't see it making a massive difference. Mentioned possibly staying another year due to a bad first round loss but presume that was just said in the heat of the loss and we'll see him going high in the draft this year.

Offside wrote: »
    Can't see it making a massive difference. Mentioned possibly staying another year due to a bad first round loss but presume that was just said in the heat of the loss and we'll see him going high in the draft this year.

Oh really? I didn't see any post game interview. I would advise Jabari to go to the NBA. Marcus Smart came back this year sighting his early exit last year as a reason to stay. We saw what happened, They went out again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Oh really? I didn't see any post game interview. I would advise Jabari to go to the NBA. Marcus Smart came back this year sighting his early exit last year as a reason to stay. We saw what happened, They went out again this year.

Well he can't stay in college now, not if DRD has advised him to go to the NBA. :pac:

• Advertisement

That loss from Syracuse will hit the draft stock of Ennis and Grant hard. Considering how they finished the regular season, They had allot to prove going into this tournament, The manner in which they've gone out is damaging.

Where as guys like Parker and Smart can take an early exit and not lose stock value, There guys will feel this hit come draft night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Oh really? I didn't see any post game interview. I would advise Jabari to go to the NBA.

This forum has now reached previously uncharted levels of farce.

This forum has now reached previously uncharted levels of farce.

Why? You think he should stay at Duke? When he's a projected No.1 pick in the draft?

The top Prospects are dropping like flies from The NCAA Tournament.

Parker
    Wiggins
    Embiid
    Smart

However I don't believe their early exit will massively effect their stock. But guys further down the board will feel the pain of a poor tournament performance come draft night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Why? You think he should stay at Duke? When he's a projected No.1 pick in the draft?
    Still dont see him going first after todays loss Wiggins may have lost the chance to get ahead off Embiid who comes out off it looking better

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Still dont see him going first after todays loss Wiggins may have lost the chance to get ahead off Embiid who comes out off it looking better

Yeah I think in hindsight Embiid was better off not playing in the tournament. He does look better coming out of this situation. Wiggins was awfull today. But I still cant see him falling from that 3rd spot in the draft, There's just too much potential and talent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yeah I think in hindsight Embiid was better off not playing in the tournament. He does look better coming out of this situation. Wiggins was awfull today. But I still cant see him falling from that 3rd spot in the draft, There's just too much potential and talent there.
    Think Wiggins main problem today was the lads in the center were terrible, you see the main problem was he didnt have Embiid to help him out

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

Just thinking, Chicago will have four rookies on the roster next yr. Two 1st rd picks and 2nd rd pick and the Euro. And still may not have a decent backup center.

ChicagoJoe wrote: »
    Just thinking, Chicago will have four rookies on the roster next yr. Two 1st rd picks and 2nd rd pick and the Euro. And still may not have a decent backup center.

That 13th or 14th pick from the Hornets right now looks pretty good for the Bulls. If they are looking for a decent back up center, They could pick up MSU Adreian Payne or UK Willie Cauley-Stein

I Love this lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 annelin

i like the nba vedio

Not many games to go. Elite 8 stage. He's my current top 10 mock draft
    1. Milwaukee - Jabari Parker
    2. Philadelphia - Joel Embiid
    3. Orlando - Andrew Wiggins
    4. Utah - Julius Randle
    5. Boston - Marcus Smart
    6. LA Lakers - Dante Exum
    7. Sacramento - Arron Gordon
    8. Detroit - Adrian Payne
    9. Cleveland - Doug McDermott,
    10. Denver - Garry Haris

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jabari Parker to stay in college? Several NBA scouts seem to think so:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232739/Several-NBA-Scouts-Claim-Jabari-Parker-Will-Stay-At-Duke
    Jabari Parker has yet to make a decision about whether to declare for the 2014 NBA Draft or return to Duke for his sophomore season.

Parker has until April 27th to decide.

Parker is reportedly considering returning to Duke so strongly "that several scouts are claiming he's coming back to school," writes Chad Ford.

Ford, however, expects Parker to ultimately decide to declare this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Armando Slow Suspicion

if this is one of those go back to win it all its a terrible idea rarely works out

Embiid is also rumoured to be strongly cosidering staying with Kansas. If Jabari and Embiid were both to stay in college that would weaken this draft considerably and may mean that some teams who have tanked all season end up with only an ok-ish prospect. I would prefer to see Embiid stay, he is still raw and might not see the minutes he needs to develop next season. Parker is different, his game is NBA ready and will get his minutes from game 1.

• Advertisement

Parker is probably going to be No 1 overall pick whatever year he chooses to come out, provided he stays fit and healthy. Staying might be a good idea, He might win a championship, Or he may get knocked out early again. There is a poor record of returning players in the NCAA. Looking back has usually not been a fruitful endeavor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

How could you put off going to the NBA for another year, knowing you're gonna be drafted top 3? I wouldn't be able to wait. Sitting in class in November thinking how you could be playing in the league instead.

How could you put off going to the NBA for another year, knowing you're gonna be drafted top 3? I wouldn't be able to wait. Sitting in class in November thinking how you could be playing in the league instead.

Some guys really hate money

UNC'S James Michael McAdoo has confirmed he will enter the 2014 draft.

buyer95 wrote: »
    UNC'S James Michael McAdoo has confirmed he will enter the 2014 draft.
    He would have had higher stock if he'd came out last year. Then he would have easily gone top 20, Now I'd put him as a late 2nd rounder

Here's a guy who is getting absolutely no shine. Completely underrated. I think Adreian Payne could have a great NBA career. Some mock draft than the nerve to put him outside the first round. If some team can pick this guy up outside the top 20, it's a draft steel.

Great story about this lad. You will become a fan of his by watching.

For anyone who watched this 2nd video. I'm sad to say that Lacey Holsworth has now passed away at the age of 8.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2022780-lacey-holsworth-friend-of-adreian-payne-passes-away-after-battle-with-cancer?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Jabari Parker officially declares for the 2014 NBA Draft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

• Advertisement

parkers gona be a celtic just feels like its ment to be

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement