Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bulls win draft tiebreaker over Raptors so pick 16th (from Bobcats) and 19th.

Big opportunity in such a deep class to hit on two good players.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Paully D wrote: »
    Bulls win draft tiebreaker over Raptors so pick 16th (from Bobcats) and 19th.

Big opportunity in such a deep class to hit on two good players.

Yeah the Bull are in a god position to get some real talent for the future.

I'll take a stab at an updated top 20

Milwaukee - Parker
    Philadelphia - Embiid
    Orlando - Wiggins
    Utah - Randle
    Boston - Smart
    LA Lakers - Exum
    Sacramento - Gordon
    Detroit - Vonleh
    Cleveland - Young
    Philadelphia - McDermott
    Denver - Harris
    Orlando - Payne
    Minnesota - Saric
    Phoenix - Hood
    Atlanta - Warren
    Chicago - Stauskas
    Phoenix - Napier
    Boston - Early
    Chicago - Grant
    Toronto - Anderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Yeah the Bull are in a god position to get some real talent for the future.

I'll take a stab at an updated top 20

Milwaukee - Parker
    Philadelphia - Embiid
    Orlando - Wiggins
    Utah - Randle
    Boston - Smart
    LA Lakers - Exum
    Sacramento - Gordon
    Detroit - Vonleh
    Cleveland - Young
    Philadelphia - McDermott
    Denver - Harris
    Orlando - Payne
    Minnesota - Saric
    Phoenix - Hood
    Atlanta - Warren
    Chicago - Stauskas
    Phoenix - Napier
    Boston - Early
    Chicago - Grant
    Toronto - Anderson
    Still dont see Parker going first, Id have him third behind Embiid and Wiggins, think Exum will fall to Lakers can see his agent holding back work outs with teams so they wont pick him.
    Vonleh falling to Detroit for me would be a huge shock, I think he will go before Randle I dont think either will go to Utah, they dont fit there at all with Favours and Kanter pretty much nailed on starters.

For me it will be

Embiid
    Wiggins
    Parker
    Smart
    Vonleh
    Exum
    Randle

I'm probably not giving Vonleh his credit because he has kind of been the "under the radar guy" Indiana were awful this year, really irreverent all season and no post season. I've seen allot more from Randle and Gordon.

The NBA Draft Lottery takes place on the 20th of May.

Chances of each team winning the No.1 1st round pick are:

1 Bucks 25%

2 76ers 19.9%

3 Magic 15.6%

4 Jazz 10.4

5 Celtics 10.3

6 Lakers 6.3%

7 Kings 4.3%

8 Pistons 2.8%

9 Cavaliers 1.7%

10 Pelicans 1.1%

11 Nuggets 0.8%

12 Magic 0.7%

13 T Wolves 0.6%

14 Suns 0.5%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Andrew Wiggins with a freakishly high vertical. Can't find the exact measurement because he's not at the draft combine.

Bnt_D9_Lz_IUAAL8_Pr.png

Just 4 days out from the lottery. I wonder who will get those all important early picks. We find out May 20th. Some jump from Wiggins there, Very possible he could No.1 overall.

The 1st take

I see T.J. Warren linked to the Bulls in lots of mock drafts, usually with the 19th pick. Can anyone tell me a bit more about him? Good shooter I read?

It's Lottery day.

It's Lottery day.
    Lakers going No.1 Brah :D:cool:

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Lakers going No.1 Brah :D:cool:

Hypothetically Lakers have the 1st pick? Who do they take?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

what time is the lottery am i right in saying 10 our time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

nerd69 wrote: »
    what time is the lottery am i right in saying 10 our time

1am, just before Pacers/Heat game 2

The program will begin at 12 midnight Irish time, Lottery due to begin at 1am.

Hypothetically Lakers have the 1st pick? Who do they take?
    Trade down as and take Exum, hopefully getting a pick that could then tempt Wolves to give us Love

I remember all the talk about how good Wiggins was going to be when he was choosing his college team, and I'm currently seeing him #1 on the vast majority of mock drafts I see and top 50/20 etc lists from NBA writers, yet I can't recall seeing anyone on here project him at the #1 pick. What's the main reason for that?

I admit I haven't seen a whole lot of him personally, but 17 points and 6 rebounds per game is not too shabby, plus the fact he's surely the best athlete in the draft, and also he seems to have so much upside make me think that he should be the #1 pick too, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

Andrew Wiggins with a freakishly high vertical. Can't find the exact measurement because he's not at the draft combine.

Bnt_D9_Lz_IUAAL8_Pr.png

its claimed to be 44 inches :eek:

I remember all the talk about how good Wiggins was going to be when he was choosing his college team, and I'm currently seeing him #1 on the vast majority of mock drafts I see and top 50/20 etc lists from NBA writers, yet I can't recall seeing anyone on here project him at the #1 pick. What's the main reason for that?

I admit I haven't seen a whole lot of him personally, but 17 points and 6 rebounds per game is not too shabby, plus the fact he's surely the best athlete in the draft, and also he seems to have so much upside make me think that he should be the #1 pick too, no?

There is very little between the projected top 3. Wiggins/Parker/Embiid have swapped positions on many mocks of professional writers and fan boards alike.
    The biggest thing against Wiggins has been the media driven expectation on him. He was billed as the next LeBron going into Kansas and I guess when people didn't see that, they went off him a little. I'm guilty of that too.

Parker emerged as possibly the more complete "NBA ready" player from the one and done college season. He had some very good performances in the regular season that showed people, Maybe he would be the best option. His skill set seemed more complete. His abilities more refined. Where as Wiggins was looking like someone who would need more work on polishing to his game.

From the Parker/Wiggins argument emerged Joel Embiid, His game and people's love of a good big man moved him up many draft boards. "You can't teach heights" as they say. Embiid is a 7 footer who can run the floor, He has great movement. both with his back to the basket and facing up, he has a developing offensive game. In some way he took over as the man at Kansas but the most recent injury brings up more questions.

A number of players at this lottery. I've seen Smart, Ennis, Vonleah, Gordon so far,

Embid would likely be a lock for 1 if he was healthy as he looks like he could b another hakeem the dream but people are scared he's gona be Greg Oden with injuries.

Wiggins has insane athletasism but needs a fair bit or polishing he's a very good defender though.

Parker on the other had has a pretty polished offensive game but is like a matador on defense

If I got the number one pick I'd go wiggins due to his massive upside.

Exum and Randall will prob go 4-5 but personally I'd go for smart at 4

• Advertisement

Just looking through some of the teams and the 76ers could be extremely good in a few years with say Carter-Williams, Noel (presuming he fulfills his obvious potential) and Wiggins/Parker (if they land a draft pick high enough to get either one).

They would/will have relatively small amounts of money tied up in young players on rookie contracts too which is always a plus for ensuring depth and/or a couple of good free agents.

Definitely a team to watch if they can hit on their draft picks.

Any chance someone can post the first few up here can't get near the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

No way, Cavs in the top 3 again, had 1.7% chance.

Would the Cavs ever **** off. What needed to happen for them to get that top 3 pick please, I missed what the announcer said?

Cavs will have a top 3 pick

bah humbug only number 6 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Crappy luck for the Pistons :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Would the Cavs ever **** off. What needed to happen for them to get that top 3 pick please, I missed what the announcer said?

Not sure how they get 2nd or 3rd, but was 1.7% chance of winning.

jesus cavs 1 again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

That is an absolute joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement