Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Jesus, that'll be 3 number 1 picks in 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

so much for cleveland bang unlucky in sports

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

WOW Cavs will pick first, 1.7% chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Please don't give it to the f*cking Cavs..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Not even the Cavs can mess this one up.

The NBA must be done giving them LeBron make up picks at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cleveland must have some numbers still left on the board from last year, madness how they win it every year

Embiid must surely be going No.1 now, shouldnt be any doubt about it

so who will be Johnny Manziel's new best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Irving, Embiid, Lebron all on the one team. Calling it now.

so who will be Johnny Manziel's new best friend
    I was just saying that to one of the lads :pac:

• Advertisement

3 number one picks in 4 years in a lottery system, absolutely mental. That's what happens when you use the lottery I suppose, such a terrible way to decide the order even though my own team really profited from it with Rose. Cavs had a combined 0.26% of getting the 1st pick the last two years apparently. :eek:

19, 21, 24 and 33 wins respectively over the last four years for the Cavs. However, as many top draft picks as they have had and a nice bit of cap space to play with too. If they don't turn things around dramatically very soon then everyone involved should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Should be a rule against it imo, a team can't have top 5 picks in consecutive years or something.

to be fair the cavs are one of the few team inept enough to still not put a championship contender together even with all these firsts

They probably will go with Embiid. But the injury is a worry. He could be the next Olajawon or the next Oden. Its a high risk pick. Parker/Wiggins would be a safer option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

That's a kick in the arse for Bennett. He'll be overlooked now by a new, much more skilled number one pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

In all honestly, it's wrong we get the Number 1 pick 3 times in 4 years and something does need to be changed but wow....

We get the number 1 pick yet again!!:eek::cool::D

Embiid is the obvious choice as we need a big man but I can't see us picking him (too much of a risk for us with injuries). To me, I'd really like to see us pick Jabari Parker as No.1, he's fantastic to watch, can play in/out the post and would be an awesome fit into our young team.

Other than that, we could trade the pick away and get some real value from it. Big rumour right now is that if we do trade it, it could be to the TWolves for K Love

Other than that, we could trade the pick away and get some real value from it. Big rumour right now is that if we do trade it, it could be to the TWolves for K Love

If he does join in a trade, I think it's very unlikely he'd sign for after next season. Far too much of a risk unless you get him to sign a guarantee (if that's even possible).

You know, that would be such a Cavs move. Trade the #1 pick to get Love and then fail to get him resigned :pac:

Cant see Love resigning in Cleveland, but I can see them trading away the pick if they get value, just struggling to see who for at the moment.
    If they keep it, no doubt in my mind Embiid going No.1

Love would only go to the Cavs if they were going to bring in another big free agent to help him. He wants to win.

Love would only go to the Cavs if they were going to bring in another big free agent to help him. He wants to win.
    Well you could say they have LBJ coming :pac:
    The thing about Love though, is he wants a big Market, which lets be honest here isnt Cleveland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Are the Lakers plans to get Exum going to be fcuked now with having the 7th seed

stuchyg wrote: »
    Are the Lakers plans to get Exum going to be fcuked now with having the 7th seed
    Dont see how they would be, his agent(kobes agent) could just restrict visability of him and refuse to do interviews with teams, think something similar happened with Kobe

astonaidan wrote: »
    Dont see how they would be, his agent(kobes agent) could just restrict visability of him and refuse to do interviews with teams, think something similar happened with Kobe

hate that that can happen though i think kobe doing that is worse than the decision to be honest it shouldn't be allowed:mad:

The large amounts of tape available on players these days (though with Exum it's just really the Hoop Summit and international games that everyone has to go on), and the fact that he attended the combine and worked out there (if the Lakers were all he was going to play for then I don't think he'd have bothered working out there) mean that teams won't be missing out on too much by not getting time with him. He's a risk regardless so whether teams get to spend time with him or not that risk is still going to be there.

Chris Mannix from Sports Illustrated said the below:
    There have been reports that Exum, who is represented by Kobe Bryant’s agent, Rob Pelinka, may be angling for the Lakers to draft him. But two executives from lottery teams said that wouldn’t stop them from drafting Exum if he’s available.

I agree with Nerd though, it's ridiculous. I hope someone else drafts him before he can get to the Lakers. Considering he stands to make circa an extra $800,000 a year for the first 3 years of his rookie deal being drafted say, 4th compared to 7th, I'm not too sure he'll be all that bothered when all is said and done if he doesn't land in LA. That and the fact he said in Chicago at the Combine last week that the "media twisted" his thoughts on playing for the Lakers makes me think he's worried about his draft stock being hurt by his Laker love-fest thus far.

nerd69 wrote: »
    hate that that can happen though i think kobe doing that is worse than the decision to be honest it shouldn't be allowed:mad:
    Dont think its worse than the decision tbf, Exum/Kobe would be rookies with loads to prove, could flop where as LBJ was the best player in the league, who gave Cleveland hope that was never there
    Paully D wrote: »
    The large amounts of tape available on players these days (though with Exum it's just really the Hoop Summit and international games that everyone has to go on), and the fact that he attended the combine and worked out there (if the Lakers were all he was going to play for then I don't think he'd have bothered working out there) mean that teams won't be missing out on too much by not getting time with him. He's a risk regardless so whether teams get to spend time with him or not that risk is still going to be there.

Chris Mannix from Sports Illustrated said the below:

I agree with Nerd though, it's ridiculous. I hope someone else drafts him before he can get to the Lakers. Considering he stands to make circa an extra $800,000 a year for the first 3 years of his rookie deal being drafted say, 4th compared to 7th, I'm not too sure he'll be all that bothered when all is said and done if he doesn't land in LA. That and the fact he said in Chicago at the Combine last week that the "media twisted" his thoughts on playing for the Lakers makes me think he's worried about his draft stock being hurt by his Laker love-fest thus far.
    The money thing is would surely be negated being in a huge market like LA compared to Bucks/Jazz/76ers

Dont think its worse than the decision tbf, Exum/Kobe would be rookies with loads to prove, could flop where as LBJ was the best player in the league, who gave Cleveland hope that was never there

lebron gave cleveland the first few years of his career though then hit free agency and left it happens

the angling to prevent teams from drafting you is crazy in my opinion its tapping up from the club and there should be fines given to the player and club if its proved.

either way which is worse is irrelevant its still massively unfair on small market teams the one chance they have to be competitive is drafting well ala okc as they already lose out in free agency.

lebron gave cleveland the first few years of his career though then hit free agency and left it happens

the angling to prevent teams from drafting you is crazy in my opinion its tapping up from the club and there should be fines given to the player and club if its proved.

either way which is worse is irrelevant its still massively unfair on small market teams the one chance they have to be competitive is drafting well ala okc as they already lose out in free agency.
    Oh I agree they are both bad on small markets, but there might not always be tapping up, like if he done interviews and got the we will pick you if your available thats hardly tapping up

was annoyed about the celtics only getting pick no 6 then realised larry legend was taken with the number 6...... we can always hope:D

was annoyed about the celtics only getting pick no 6 then realised larry legend was taken with the number 6...... we can always hope:D
    Celtics honestly could take anyone and have a great player, Randle Exum and Vonleh could all be still waiting for them

• Advertisement

Celtics honestly could take anyone and have a great player, Randle Exum and Vonleh could all be still waiting for them

id love smart but i worry about himself and rondos ability to play together

i think the magic will take exum so we would prob be looking at one of the bigs but were pretty set at depth with olynik and sully

also i don't want to trade for love as i think the price will be to high

soooooo i don't know what i want ideally we could trade up for one of the top 3 but don't see it happening. i think I'm bona be unhappy with this draft :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement