Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NBA DRAFT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

nerd69 wrote: »
    id love smart but i worry about himself and rondos ability to play together

i think the magic will take exum so we would prob be looking at one of the bigs but were pretty set at depth with olynik and sully

also i don't want to trade for love as i think the price will be to high

soooooo i don't know what i want ideally we could trade up for one of the top 3 but don't see it happening. i think I'm bona be unhappy with this draft :(
    Im the same regarding Love, I think we(Lakers) will get him next year either way. Im hoping to get Exum will be disappointed otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

astonaidan wrote: »
    Im the same regarding Love, I think we(Lakers) will get him next year either way. Im hoping to get Exum will be disappointed otherwise

No way ye get exam ye would have I trade up and I don't k ow if ye have the neccisarily assets

nerd69 wrote: »
    No way ye get exam ye would have I trade up and I don't k ow if ye have the neccisarily assets
    Oh I know we dont hence why I want him to be a bitch and force it :pac:

looks like dario saric is pulling a kobe now apparently he said he will go to the nab only if boston or the lakers take him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

23 days out from the draft. I keep changing my mind on this but right now I think Wiggins will go No.1 to the Cavs. Embiid will be very tempting but the smart move for the future is Wiggins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

23 days out from the draft. I keep changing my mind on this but right now I think Wiggins will go No.1 to the Cavs. Embiid will be very tempting but the smart move for the future is Wiggins.

Parker could still go before Wiggins as he is a more accomplished scorer. It will depend on the priorities of the franchise towards actual improvement. I fully expect Wiggins, Embiid and Parker to go 1,2 and 3 just no idea what order.

Looking at the draft again and the Sixers could be a serious proposition in the next 3 years if Nerlens Noel and whomever they draft this year with their #3 and #10 picks, all have stellar rookie seasons and find their feet in the league. With MCW having his breakout last season and winning ROTY (and already knowing NN game well from college days), and the depth they have with their 5 second round picks, nevermind the cap space they have after flogging their roster, they could wind up being a serious force if they manage their young talent properly. They need a few veterans in there next seasons to mentor their young guns.

The Cavs on the other hand, I fully expect to somehow make a mess of this. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Wiggins is the biggest risk of the top 3. He's still raw and I'm not sure he has the killer instinct that Parker has. I'd take both Embiid and Parker ahead of him, in that order. I wouldn't even be surprised if Exum and Smart end up better than him, though I'm not saying they will. I like Wiggins, he's a great prospect but he's not a sure thing to become a superstar like some would have you believe. Parker is more skilled in every aspect of the game, has a higher BBIQ and much more athletic than people give him credit for. Wiggins is a freak athletically but has some catching up to do skillwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I still sticking what I said before in that I want Parker as our #1 pick but knowing the Cavs..... I wouldn't bank on it

I still sticking what I said before in that I want Parker as our #1 pick but knowing the Cavs..... I wouldn't bank on it

Not a fan of Embiid? I'd go with him if I was the Cavs. Seems like they're set on either Wiggins or Embiid, but you just don't know what the Cavs will do. It'd be hilarious if they took Vonleh first or something like that :pac:

parker is a terrible defender though i think he would be a sure number one otherwise

• Advertisement

moneyman wrote: »
    Not a fan of Embiid? I'd go with him if I was the Cavs. Seems like they're set on either Wiggins or Embiid, but you just don't know what the Cavs will do. It'd be hilarious if they took Vonleh first or something like that :pac:
    Vonleh dont be silly, there is a chance he will be a all star someday, think someone like Ennis to back up Irving

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Aaron Gordon is heavy favourite to land with the Celtics. They're very high on him according to numerous reports today.

I have Randle going 4th to the Jazz. Gordon 7th to the Lakers Vonleah 9th to the Kings. It all depends on what the Celtics do. If they go the Marcus Smart route. I think this will be the order. but they could decide to go with Gordon, In which case Smart would fall to the Lakers at 7.

I have Randle going 4th to the Jazz. Gordon 7th to the Lakers Vonleah 9th to the Kings. It all depends on what the Celtics do. If they go the Marcus Smart route. I think this will be the order. but they could decide to go with Gordon, In which case Smart would fall to the Lakers at 7.

Orlando draft 4th, the Jazz 5th. Kings also draft 8th.

I hope the Celtics do take Gordon, I'm not a big fan. Means there's a chance Smart drops to 8 if the Jazz take Randle or Vonleh, with the other going to LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

4 full, 60 pick mocks on the link below. Far too much to copy and paste over but well worth a read:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/2014-nba-mock-draft-consensus-ver-5-0/

Interesting that all four have Wiggins/Embiid going 1 and 2 in whatever order and all 4 have Parker going 3rd and Exum going 4th.

3 of the 4 have my Bulls taking Tyler Ennis. What do the college basketball watchers on here think of him?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Orlando draft 4th, the Jazz 5th. Kings also draft 8th.

I hope the Celtics do take Gordon, I'm not a big fan. Means there's a chance Smart drops to 8 if the Jazz take Randle or Vonleh, with the other going to LA.

Have a feeling the Lakers take Smart.

Not a big fan of Ennis. Good passer, solid at most things. Doesn't look like he has the lateral quickness to be a good defender and he's very weak. Has quick hands though. Not very athletic. Won't hurt you but a star he is not! Smart player with a high IQ.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see what he does well enough to stand out in the NBA. I think he'll be solid, most likely off the bench. Maybe down the line he can be a starter but he's not going to be a great player in my opinion.

Have a feeling the Lakers take Smart.

Yeah, I think so too.

LaVine posted a 46 inch vertical at his workout with the Lakers today. Guy is an absolute freak athletically but needs to get much stronger. Has a lot of tools though.

Not a big fan of Ennis. Good passer, solid at most things. Doesn't look like he has the lateral quickness to be a good defender and he's very weak. Has quick hands though. Not very athletic. Won't hurt you but a star he is not! Smart player with a high IQ.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see what he does well enough to stand out in the NBA. I think he'll be solid, most likely off the bench. Maybe down the line he can be a starter but he's not going to be a great player in my opinion.

Cheers. I know very little about college basketball so the breakdown is appreciated.

Picking at 16 I'd prefer someone who would likely become a starter in a different position. The very best case scenario is that Ennis would become a good player off the bench for Rose, but I think it's quite easy to pick up a decent bench PG each year (we've had success with Robinson and Augustin over the last two years for example) at a relatively small fee.

I see Sports Illustrated are giving us P.J. Hairston who seems to be a bit crazy off the court but a decent scorer at the SG position, while CBS give us Rodney Hood. The Chicago beat writers themselves have us taking the two aforementioned guys, or T.J. Warren.

I cant see Ennis going anywhere near the top. Napier will go before him

Warren is very underrated in my opinion. It would be a great pick up by the bulls to get him with either pick. It could very well be gone by the time they are on the clock

• Advertisement

Not a fan of Napier. He's a little chucker who thinks he's far better than he is with a horrible attitude. He could be a good sparkplug off the bench if all goes right but he doesn't have the IQ to be a starter on a decent team.

Interesting:

Jake #JoakimDPOY ‏@BullsBlog
    ESPN reports the #Bulls have had serious talks with the #Nuggets about trading the 16th and 19th overall picks for Denver's 11th pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Paully D wrote: »
    Interesting:

ESPN reports the #Bulls have had serious talks with the #Nuggets about trading the 16th and 19th overall picks for Denver's 11th pick.

I like it. Makes more sense for a contending team to get one good pick instead of two ok ones. Could be a good deal for Denver too, gets two picks and as a rebuilding team, could develop them, rather than needing them to perform from day 1.

cf7ab1c54af09963b8afb04a6f7bbee1.png

"Best case: Roy Hibbert" - I thought he was supposed to be good? :pac:
    padraig_f wrote: »
    I like it. Makes more sense for a contending team to get one good pick instead of two ok ones. Could be a good deal for Denver too, gets two picks and as a rebuilding team, could develop them, rather than needing them to perform from day 1.

Yeah, I agree with that. It would be a good move for both parties IMO.

It's certainly a shooter we're targeting with that pick if we do move up and Chad Ford says in his Insider article today that Garry Harris or Nik Stauskas will be our guys if we're in that position.

Being honest, I know absolutely nothing about either.

cf7ab1c54af09963b8afb04a6f7bbee1.png

"Best case: Roy Hibbert" - I thought he was supposed to be good? :pac:

Yeah, I agree with that. It would be a good move for both parties IMO.

It's certainly a shooter we're targeting with that pick if we do move up and Chad Ford says in his Insider article today that Garry Harris or Nik Stauskas will be our guys if we're in that position.

Being honest, I know absolutely nothing about either.

Who has Hibbert as Embiid's best-case scenario? That's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Who has Hibbert as Embiid's best-case scenario? That's awful!

Presumably worst case scenario is also Roy Hibbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Presumably worst case scenario is also Roy Hibbert.

I see what you did there!

Interesting:

That looks like a bad deal for the bulls. 16 and 19 with the depth of this draft are strong picks. To give both them up for an 11th is stupid in my opinion.

That looks like a bad deal for the bulls. 16 and 19 with the depth of this draft are strong picks. To give both them up for an 11th is stupid in my opinion.

Bulls badly need shooting though. They appear to have identified Harris and Stauskas as their two guys. It appears that none of the really good shooters will fall to #16, so if they have someone they really like they're better off trading up IMO.

I see so many mocks giving the Bulls Tyler Ennis, which seems ridiculous to me. The Bulls have proved over the last few years that they're quite adept at picking up decent bench production from PG's for relative peanuts. Spending a mid-first rounder on a PG when you have Derrick Rose would certainly be stupid, trading up to get a supposed elite shooter when you have a solid core is not IMO.

• Advertisement

I'd steer well clear of Ennis. It's a bad deal for the Bulls because they would only move up to 11th the from 16th and they'd lose the 19th pick too. Why move up to get a Garry Harris or Nick Stauskas when you could have a James Young or Dario Saric. That 19th pick is valuable. You could get Zach La Vine or maybe TJ Warren, They could go big and get an Adrian Payne or Cleanthony Early.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement