Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply options

• 18-07-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I have a number of identical scanners that all take a 12v supply to run. Is there a PSU that is available that I could use to power them all without the need for a individual supply for each one going into the wall socket. I am trying to cut down on the amount of sockets I need to run all my devices.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

convert a used server supply.

I got a HP DSP-600PB for £13 inc post.....

took 15 mins fiddling and now I have a 47A 12.15V supply.

here's how.....

http://mi0oim.blogspot.co.uk/2013_06_01_archive.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

roughly
    check the rating on the scanners / power supplies to see how much current each needs total the Amps and then get a power supply the next size above this

may also depends on how the antennas are wired (if just using rubber duck then should be no problem) , ground loops and all that if you are really unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

thanks for the suggestions, I will give the power supply conversion a go as I have one of these already.

Advertisement