Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband in Mahon, Cork

• 18-07-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi

I've been reading all over the forum about Fibre Broadband; I live in Jacobs Island in Mahon and my area is supposed to go live Jul-Sep 2013 but to date I haven't seen any cabinets installed in my area; is that normal??

I've heard that once the cabinet is installed it can take up to 3 or 4 months to activate it...There's no cabinet right now and I am just wondering if there's anything wrong...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

I don't know what the hell is going on with Eircom...
    According to their map, my area (Mahon-Cork) is going live in Jul-Sep 2013.
    I spoke to a an Eircom rep, gave her my phone number and address and she confirmed that it will only go live in 2014!!
    She said that other areas like Cobh will go live in Dec 2013 while I have friends in Cobh and they already have Fibre

I am going mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Mahon seems to have 2 exchanges covering it.
    Mahon (MAH) and Hettyfield (HYD).
    Hettyfield is listed for Sept 13. No dates listed for the main Mahon exchange.
    Depends which one your on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

I am on the Mahon exchange but according to the E-Fibre map on the Eircom website the launch date is July-Sep 2013 for both Hettyfield and Mahon

Advertisement