Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drying clothes indoors

Options
  • 18-07-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

long story short! I've been drying clothes on a clothes horse in my first floor flat by big open windows to make the most of this good weather! i use the tumble dryer in winter but think its a waste in summer! i know its a bad idea to dry clothes indoors because of damp and condensation (which the windows suffere from in winter) but is damp a problem in summer? I've got all windows open so there's cross ventilation happening in he whole flat! is it ok to dry indoors in summer or should i just use the dryer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I dry mine indoors all year round, and never had a problem with damp.

I put them on a clothes horse in the bathroom, and open all windows for a period each day, even if it's snowing. They're all open 24/7 at the moment! Make sure your washing machine is spinning well, and the clothes aren't actually dripping. Move the clothes around (flip them over) so that they're not dry on one side but damp on the other. Spread the clothes out properly on the line/clothes horse.

Mainly when I see damp in people's houses from drying clothes indoors it's because they don't open a window for 10 months of the year, have balled the clothes up on top of a hot radiator, and have taken them from the machine still dripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

No problem at all drying clothes like that. But as the previous poster says the most important thing for your own sake is to make sure and flip them over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I always throw mine on for an extra spin in the washing machine before putting them on the clothes horse. No issue with damp or anything but I too open my windows most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Once your windows are open and there's constant air change/air movement you're grand.

Advertisement