Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra: Stolen moped (red/purple)

Options
  • 18-07-2013 5:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

My friend's moped was stolen from outside his house in Knocknacarra
    last night.

He bought it less than a week ago and it's his only method of getting to and from work. (His OH need's the car for their young child.)

reg. 12 G 3071

It's purple/red in colour.

Could the good people of Knocknacarra keep an eye out for it.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

CrinkElite wrote: »
    He bought it less than a week ago and it's his only method of getting to and from work.

ah that's shocking luck. Hope he gets it back.Any pic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Trouble in K-side... AGAIN...
    How awful, how very awful OP. Dare I ask, what part of Knocknacarra and have you a picture? If this bike happened to be stolen for leisure-type fun activities, one might look to the Barna Woods/Cappagh picth area for this thief/thieves. It's often you see many a youth acting the maggot in this area. Spinning around the pitches on a moped would be up there on the list of 'tomfoolery' activities. Will keep an eye out OP. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There's a thread on biker.ie for this too. Bad luck there. I live near enough so will keep my eyes open.. As gordongekko said a pic would be handy, even pulled off manufacturer website.

There's a thread on biker.ie for this too. Bad luck there. I live near enough so will keep my eyes open.. As gordongekko said a pic would be handy, even pulled off manufacturer website.

+1. Well said Gremlin, well said!

+1 Gordon. That's 3 new people in the lookout for ya OP. Toes crossed as well as fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

And where is he working maybe someone will be able to offer a lift

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Thanks Gordongekko. He's in work now so I'll get on to him later for a pic.
    audman wrote: »
    one might look to the Barna Woods/Cappagh picth area for this thief/thieves.

That's a good suggestion audman, I'll pass it on.
    There's a thread on biker.ie for this too.

I didn't know that, that could be useful. Thanks.
    And where is he working maybe someone will be able to offer a lift

Thanks gordon. He does irregular hours and works split shifts so I don't think that would be possible.
    I'll suggest it to him.

Thanks for the replies guys let's hope it shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Keep an eye on the likes of done deal. You can make alerts on google too, I'm not exactly sure how specific you can get but it's like doing a search on what will be on the internet. As soon as someone puts up anything for your search term google alerts you.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the likes of done deal. You can make alerts on google too, I'm not exactly sure how specific you can get but it's like doing a search on what will be on the internet. As soon as someone puts up anything for your search term google alerts you.

The irony given your username :) But, my FairPlay award goes to you. The best bit of information on this thread so few, I've even benefited from it myself. Great knowledge, thank you Scum Lord.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I used to live in Limerick so no stranger to this sort of carry-on. My friend's car was stolen (twice!) Each time he got it back by offering a £100 reward for it's return and notified all the taxi companies in the area. Since they are out on the streets day and night, each time he got his car back pretty quickly.

Might be an idea!

• Advertisement

I used to live in Limerick so no stranger to this sort of carry-on. My friend's car was stolen (twice!) Each time he got it back by offering a £100 reward for it's return and notified all the taxi companies in the area. Since they are out on the streets day and night, each time he got his car back pretty quickly.

Might be an idea!

Might be an idea? It's a great idea Danger! Well done :) A great contribution from a great contributor. Thank you, the numbers are building OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Living there op so will keep an eye out.

What general area of Knocknacarra was it taken from?

Like Rahoon side, or Barna side etc?

EDIT: Also not to play devil's advocate here, but stolen a week after he bought it. Anything possible fishy there????

(Have heard of stories like that before).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

audman wrote: »
    The irony given your username :)
    I was going to say "don't worry they won't get far, (because mopeds only have small fuel tanks)". I don't know what went wrong when I hit submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

ratracer wrote: »

Oh God I hope not. Thanks for the heads up.

Cops found it!! There was some damage but it wasn't burned. Fair play to them and thank you all for keeping your eyes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Cleahaigh

Where was it found? (Curiosity). The burned out thing was a lame joke.

Advertisement