Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with new home page

Options
  • 18-07-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

When I go to the home page by clicking on My Forums on the top right of the site it drops me in between the first thread title and the user who started it, so I can see the name but not the thread title unless I scroll up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

When I go to the home page by clicking on My Forums on the top right of the site it drops me in between the first thread title and the user who started it, so I can see the name but not the thread title unless I scroll up.

Yeah there's some oddness with the anchor there alright, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Masked Man wrote: »
    These changes are awesome but there's still a problem when I click the on the tab again. The page cuts down like this.

Fhit4fP.png
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Just checked, this happens to me too. Both the dark and default skins.

Here's how I provoked it:

-Go to homepage
    -The URL at the top is just www.boards.ie
    -The tab being displayed is 'Latest posts' by default.
    -Click the 'Latest posts' tab, URL changes to www.boards.ie/#tabs-latest
    -The page will scroll down to about halfway down the first post on the list

Only works when going from www.boards.ie to www.boards.ie/#tabs-latest as in from default to 'Latest' again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

A similar bug..

I'm going to be really lazy and just quote from the Feedback thread :o
    Masked Man wrote: »
    These changes are awesome but there's still a problem when I click the on the tab again. The page cuts down like this.

http://i.imgur.com/Fhit4fP.png
    Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Just checked, this happens to me too. Both the dark and default skins.

Here's how I provoked it:

-Go to homepage
    -The URL at the top is just www.boards.ie
    -The tab being displayed is 'Latest posts' by default.
    -Click the 'Latest posts' tab, URL changes to www.boards.ie/#tabs-latest
    -The page will scroll down to about halfway down the first post on the list

Only works when going from www.boards.ie to www.boards.ie/#tabs-latest as in from default to 'Latest' again.

Ah Masked Man got there before me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

We've some updates incoming related to the tab / category filter URL structure, should hopefully resolve the issue detailed above. Aiming for some stage later today or early tomorrow. Thanks again for the reports

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement