Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen moped

• 18-07-2013 5:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

My friend's new moped was stolen from outside his house last night.
    It's his first bike, he bought it to get him in and out of work (split shifts)

My questions to ye are:

What is the motivation of someone who steals a moped?
    Are they looking to joy ride or is it possible for them to sell it on?
    What are the chances it will show up somewhere?
    Should we keep an eye out on DoneDeal / Adverts / any other suggestions?

It's particularly galling as he bought the bike in order to save money on taxis
    He has a small child so the mother needs the car. He had to borrow money to buy it and he only has it less than a week.

It's purple/red in colour, Reg: 12 G 3071

Thanks for reading.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

small child borrow money to buy moped? hm

the pics of the moped would help and description. tell him to check the area maybe someone went for spin only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Bikerguy wrote: »
    small child borrow money to buy moped? hm

the pics of the moped would help and description. tell him to check the area maybe someone went for spin only.

What's that about? I'm glad you can afford to be so judgmental.
    Has anyone any experience related to the questions I've asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

have a spin around some of the "nicer" areas of galway later, chances are some young lads robbed it for spinning around on. it will be taken for kicks unfortunately. i've a mate who goes into galway early evening and out early morning i'll ask him keep an eye out, whats the make model etc?

CrinkElite wrote: »
    What's that about? I'm glad you can afford to be so judgmental.
    Has anyone any experience related to the questions I've asked?

read the second part of my post.. dont focus on the wrong part

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

serious3 wrote: »
    have a spin around some of the "nicer" areas of galway later, chances are some young lads robbed it for spinning around on. it will be taken for kicks unfortunately. i've a mate who goes into galway early evening and out early morning i'll ask him keep an eye out, whats the make model etc?

He's in work now, I'll get more details off him later. Hopefully if it was taken for kicks there's some hope of it showing in a ditch somewhere. I'd really appreciate your friend keeping his eye out serious3. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

what make and model are we looking for then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It won't be used for parts or anything mate.
    It's a moped so it'll more than likely be joy ridden and then burnt out

It won't be used for parts or anything mate.
    It's a moped so it'll more than likely be joy ridden and then burnt out

its an 2012 and you never know where it will be used untill the op will provide us more details. it could be the latest vespa... and in that case she would be long gone by now.... (just an example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I wonder what sort of lock was in use. If a lock was in use :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement