Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish speaking monthly meetup group

Options
  • 18-07-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    anyone know if there is a monthl of weekly meet up of Irish speaking groups in belfast? Been looking on the internet and can not find a definitive place of where there is a meeting

Tried calling a few irish website that are based in belfast but no answer. I know there must be one but finding it on the web is a problem at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

i seen this on a website for a free class. do not need a class since i already know it.

http://www.androichead.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ranganna1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

you should visit the culturlann on the falls rd in the gaeltacht quarter. lots of irish-speaking groups there, irish-speaking café, shop, plays, conversation classes etc. it's really good.

I know there are also groups who will meet up regularly for irish-medium pub quizzes etc but can't recall the name of the group - was asked along once when I was still living up north. i'm sure they'll know all about it in the culturlann though

cool thanks. was looking at that site before but now i have emailed. will let you know what they reply with

got a reply from that website. still have to try the place out

"I know the Cluain ard is a good spot for Irish speakers. The fluent speaker would usually stay after classes on Monday and Thursdays for a few pints and to converse. Classes finnish at 10 so it would be then. Clain Ard is in Hawthorn street. Hope this helps."

Advertisement