Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche - Room Move

Options
  • 18-07-2013 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Our little fella (22 months) has been bitten by another child a couple of times in the crèche recently. The manager suggested moving him up to the next room and we think 'no harm'. The next room is classed as toddlers from 2 to 3 and some of them look a bit bigger than him. He always refers to some of the kids in that room because he sees them and shares the room with them for a while in the morning and evening, so that makes us think he will be happy enough with the company there.

Is there anything else that we should be considering or concerned about? Obviously he will encounter the biter again, but I would hope that this short phase will burn out and it won't be a problem in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd say he'll love the move to the bigger room. We found that our son was delighted when he moved as the toys were new and more challenging and he really looked up to the older kids. Developmentally he picked up new skills very quickly once he moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I'd say he'll love the move to the bigger room. We found that our son was delighted when he moved as the toys were new and more challenging and he really looked up to the older kids. Developmentally he picked up new skills very quickly once he moved.

We were kind of thinking and hoping that, but it's good to hear of a first-hand account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Its a bit of a funny way to deal with a biter. ..to move the child that has been bitten. Usually they move the biter because it can be a symptom of boredom.

22 months is old enough to be in with the toddlers. Id say he'll love it. Though I think id be asking more about their biting policy. ..if your child is bitten again are they going to move him to the montessori room? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I hadn't really thought that they'd have a policy, but I'll look into it. Perhaps though that because he's just a short time away from moving anyway, that a bit of separation was thought to be an easy solution.

If the biting continues and promotion is the prevention, he could be in college by the time he's 3 :pac:

Advertisement