Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

452 with spring upgrades

Options
  • 18-07-2013 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I bought a new trigger kit for the CZ and installed the middle spring. Tried it, was still too heavy. Put in the lightest one. Perfect (well still just a tad little heavy but almost perfect).

Take the rubber mallet out. Hit it. Nothing. Good. Hit it again and again and a third time nothing. Decide one last go just to be sure and hit extra hard this time and it went off.

I took the bolt out immediately and I haven't reloaded it since. What will I do now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Did you hit it with a rubber mallet and a live round up her? Could you not have used a spent case, and checked the trigger pull after each wallop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Well I wouldn't risk it if it were me, I would put a heavier spring in or just spend the extra money and buy a timmeny there is no point in having an accident over a spring. You could replace the sear etc... too for a lighter polished one.
    I would go the heavier spring though or try a different shim. I had the same thing happen with mine, I changed the shim though so there was the tiniest bit of creep, A fraction of a mm and it was grand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

I had simular problem with my 452 and eventually replaced the trigger with a "Timney".
    I know they are not the best trigger in the world but it is so much better than the factory trigger with the "Yo-Dave" kit.
    I took several months to get the "Timney" as they have no official outlet in Ireland (now only Germany and Spain for Europe) so I got mine from Canada for about €135.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

If you do it correctly it makes a great job, I fitted one to my CZ HMR and having the holes touching or "cloverleafing" as long as you want. If your trigger has been butchered before by someone the the only option is a replacement, no "yo Dave" kit can fix that.
    Try using some of the different tube shims and a different combination of spring and tube, check by cocking the gun EMPTY and thud the butt on a hard surface, I'd leave the mallet for building work. Stick with it and you'll get there, you'll have a nice accurate gun for small money which you can use this side of christmas.

Advertisement