Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would eGO batteries suffer from battery memory?

Options
  • 18-07-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I broke my eGO 650mah about two weeks ago and I'm just using a 1000mah eGO twist, set at a lower voltage than the 650mah. However it runs out in under a day, while with the 650mah I was getting a day.

The only thing I can think that would cause this is the memory effect as I was using 20 min charges in the morning when I forgot to charge the twist at night. The 650mah is also about three times older than the twist.

Is it memory effect, and if so, how can I resolve it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

There shouldn't be any noticable memory effects with Lithium Ion batteries, the two prime candidates would be that you are vaping more or that you have changed clearomiser for one with a different resistance?

Lithium based batteries in general have no practical memory effect, that old memory effect thing was for Nickle based batteries (NiCD and NiMH)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If a Li-ion battery has been left sitting without a charge for a while it can damage it and reduce it's life span. Sometimes "conditioning" the battery can help, this is leaving it on to charge for 6-8 hours at a time for 2 or 3 charges in a row.

FWIW the circuitry in a twist would be less efficient than a regular eGo so some power would get wasted anyway, but I wouldn't have thought it would be enough to make it last less than the 650mah battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Haven't changed clearo Closov and I don't 'think' i'm vaping more, but I am using a ****ier juice, so maybe I am and not realising it.

Steve, it normally gets left on charge over night, so it is getting its 8 hours anyway, just the odd time I'd forget and have to do a quick 20 minute charge.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Jamie - it's not recommended that an eGo (and probably all batts) be charged much longer than when the light turns green on the charger indicator.
    Eight hours is waaay too long and "overnight", when you sleep? Don't do it!

I think it was the great P Busardo who recommends charging your NEW eGo batt for eight hours straight but as I say, only when brand new, for the first charge.
    Re-conditioning as Stevenmu suggested could be a workable solution, which I'll be trying myself too.
    Just make sure you're awake and watching it!

BTW: I notice a drop off in battery span myself on my eGo's - they were definitely lasting longer for the first few months but that's to be expected for their price range I guess.

Advertisement