Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop Macbook pro,,Slow !!

Options
  • 18-07-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

what happen to the photoshop ??
    it is getting slow... l have just added 8 GB to the hard drive.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Having loads of RAM is all well and good, but if the Mac has an older processor slow hard disk (mechanical disk, not an SSD) and poor video card (PS does support video hardware acceleration afaik) then obviously things won't be that quick. An SSD upgrade may help but if the Mac is old then it's likely going to be difficult to get great performance out of the new version of Photoshop,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Medceltic

OS X Version 10.9.4 (12E55)
    Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

This is what the MAc has, its 1 year old

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Medceltic wrote: »
    OS X Version 10.9.4 (12E55)
    Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

This is what the MAc has, its 1 year old

Something not right there so, that is a decent spec. Has it only just started getting slower? Or since upgrading Photoshop is it slower? Is it on the latest edition of OSX (not really familiar with Mac, click on the "Software Update" option under the Apple menu to confirm this). Does it have a mechanical Hard Drive or an SSD (Solid State Drive)?

Nick

Yes l did,,,
    but problem,, always my Photoshop.... when l open it, it goes to the T Writing tool. and the candy never stop rotating, lol
    it is frustrating ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Medceltic wrote: »
    Yes l did,,,
    but problem,, always my Photoshop.... when l open it, it goes to the T Writing tool. and the candy never stop rotating, lol
    it is frustrating ..
    Might be a font issue? Have you installed any third-party fonts? I had hassle before with the text tool in PS (on Windows), and restoring my fonts to the standard ones worked. I think I had to use some weird third-party tool to restore the fonts for some reason (I had installed hundreds of new ones at the same time), but there might be an easier way in OSX.

• Advertisement

should l delete my downloaded fonts ??
    they are restored in my fonts file..

Advertisement