Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVOD batteries warning

Options
  • 19-07-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

WARNING:

There is a recall on evod batteries that seems quite serious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Ah ffs. Any idea whats up with them? Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Karl_c

Dunno. The advice is to turn them well the F off. So outside under a metal bin IMHO

Just saw it on ECF. I got 2x650mah in stainless steel and 2x1000mah in black. Not sure if their safe. Bought them off two different vendors here and havent recieved any emails from them.
    Thanks for the info.
    I take back everything good I said about them.

I'm sure a sandwich bag on an exterior windowsill would suffice. Just be safe.

Imagine if that was your first kit though and they were your only batteries.

'20 woodbine please'

• Advertisement

Aragh **** man. Soz.

No worries, gotta find and charge my joyetechs.;-)

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    No worries, gotta find and charge my joyetechs.;-)

This game is all about back-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Looks like this just affects batteries sold through one vendor in March/April.

http://szkanger.com/newshow.asp?nid=15
    To all KangerTech customers:

KangerTech is voluntarily recalling all EVOD batteries purchased through Heaven Gifts, that were supplied between the end of March and beginning of April. While only a few batteries may be affected, we are recalling the entire batch of 6000 EVOD batteries.

We were recently made aware of an issue with an EVOD battery sold through Haven Gifts, an official KangerTech distributor. After extensive research, we found a potential issue with the internal cell used in the manufacturing of the EVOD, which could fail during the charging of the battery. These EVOD batteries were manufactured between the end of March to early April, and were only distributed to Heaven Gifts.

KangerTech takes its customers safety very seriously, and is working with Heaven Gifts to recall and replace all of the EVOD batteries that may have this issue. While we recognize the inconvenience recalls cause our customers, we are taking these actions on their behalf to help ensure their safety.

EVOD batteries sold directly through KangerTech, and other authorized resellers, are not affected in this recall, and are safe to use. If there are any questions regarding the safety of your EVOD battery, please feel free to contact your place of purchase, or KangerTech directly.

Advertisement