Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 21), July 19-20, 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

What's parking usually like around Tallaght? Presume the Square would be the best place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

3rd level of the Square is free for matchgoers (limited period after the full time whistle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Feel Limerick could be there for the taking, watching MNS and reading Extratime updates/report they don't look up to much the last two games. The goal against Bohs was scrappy defending and Bohs seemed to have their fare share of chances. While the Bray game was a disaster for them, they were ripped apart by Bray and got very lucky by the reports. I'll happily take a draw and keep us on our unbeaten run, and keep momentum there for the next 2 huge matches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Our game is at 8.05. Presume that's for TV is it?

Given our form at the moment, I really cannot say what team shows up tonight. Obviously I want a win, but it is vital for so many reasons.

Our attendances are plummeting. 1400 at the Sligo game attests to that. Anything under 2000 is unacceptable. A win might help get a few bodies through the gates for the remainder of the season.

Also, the atmosphere in the ground is getting poisonous with those who feel the manager should resign/be sacked getting more vocal. It is neevr a nice vibe when that happens.

Plus, I do not particularly like Dundalk. Tom McNulty will never be forgiven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Huge game out in Bray. Very nervous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

gimmick wrote: »

Given our form at the moment, I really cannot say what team shows up tonight. Obviously I want a win, but it is vital for so many reasons.

Our attendances are plummeting. 1400 at the Sligo game attests to that. Anything under 2000 is unacceptable. A win might help get a few bodies through the gates for the remainder of the season.

Also, the atmosphere in the ground is getting poisonous with those who feel the manager should resign/be sacked getting more vocal. It is neevr a nice vibe when that happens.

Yep, 8.05 kick off for Setanta to show it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »

Cork have a good chance here as we could be missing up to seven players.

Injured: Keith Ward (knee), John Mountney (ankle ligaments), Tiarnan Mulvenna (groin).

Doubtful: Dane Massey(knee), Chris Shields(hip flexor).

Suspended: Richie Towell and Andy Boyle

I'd still be very disappointed in anything less than a win as we are on a great run with six wins from seven and the best away record in the league.

And leave McNutly alone - Legend!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCGmrV2GH8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

A win for Shels and Bray and Bohs to draw would be very welcome indeed. But a win for Shels and I probably won't care about anyone else come tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Cork have a good chance here as we could be missing up to seven players.

Injured: Keith Ward (knee), John Mountney (ankle ligaments), Tiarnan Mulvenna (groin).

Doubtful: Dane Massey(knee), Chris Shields(hip flexor).

Suspended: Richie Towell and Andy Boyle

I'd still be very disappointed in anything less than a win as we are on a great run with six wins from seven and the best away record in the league.

And leave McNutly alone - Legend!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCGmrV2GH8
    Towell and Massey are big losses. They've played practically every minute of every game this season. Towell is our leader on the pitch and everything goes through him while Massey has been excellent at the back.

I'm guessing Stephen McDonnell will be asked to play the Towell role. He was very frustrating last season but he has looked committed and more composed on the ball whenever he has got a chance this year so hopefully if he plays he can put in a decent performance. Has the potential to be a decent game as both sides like to keep the ball on the ground. I'm hoping in form Hoban can make the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Will gladly take a draw tonight against Limerick.

Don't think we should be getting carried away with last week's win over Cork which could have gone either way.

Would have us in good form for a possible season defining eight days against UCD and Bray.

Looking forward to the pre-match pints in this fine weather. :cool: Will be telling future generations about it. :pac:

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Will gladly take a draw tonight against Limerick.

Don't think we should be getting carried away with last week's win over Cork which could have gone either way.

Would have us in good form for a possible season defining eight days against UCD and Bray.

Looking forward to the pre-match pints in this fine weather. :cool: Will be telling future generations about it. :pac:

Pre and post match drinks in the good weather last Friday were my downfall. Never been in the beer garden in Fagan's until last week and now it looks like two Fridays in a row.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well at least the weather will be good in Bray. Little confidence of a win.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

No Towell? I was looking forwrd to seeing his glorious hairstyle in real life. Totes Devo and FML as the teenagers today say. Only seen him once and that was the televised game when City were in Dundlak. Everything went through him. Looked a real touch of class.

With us on TV tonight, and again next week, are we the most televised team this season? Think this is the 7th time. Which is odd as we are awful in every sense of the word. Not even heroic defeats. Just defeats.

Well at least the weather will be good in Bray. Little confidence of a win.

I wouldn't be sure about that. Probably snowing out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Little confidence of a win.

Ever again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully Bray can get the win, will be much needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Towell & Ward were very good when City played in Oriel.

Think City will have the advantage in midfield this time.

Word from the camp is that they have never been as fit but not as much being put into the actual game of "football".

Another small crowd expected. Talk about not capitalizing on the weather.

If board had taken big decision a couple of months ago the pay-off would have been hugely softened at this stage.

Towell & Ward were very good when City played in Oriel.

Think City will have the advantage in midfield this time.

Word from the camp is that they have never been as fit but not enough as much being put into the actual game of "football".

Another small crowd expected. Talk about not capitalizing on the weather.

If board had taken big decision a couple of months ago the pay-off would have been hugely softened at this stage.

Personally if I hadn't a season ticket I wouldnt go tonight. This weather is as bad as torrential rain for attendance imo. Far too nice an evening to waste at a match.

Off topic - we are playing a Celtic XI Sunday in some sort of Friendly

Half time "entertainment"

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/358249229459812352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

1-0 Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Johnny Mac. Lee Murtagh. Yes.

CSF wrote: »
    Johnny Mac. Lee Murtagh. Yes.

Whoop whoop!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lee Murtagh is a fycking legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Great win for us tonight despite the best attempts of that disgrace Connolly.

On a side note, tonight was the first time I ever wanted Rovers to win and they bloody draw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Great comeback after being a goal down, great fighting spirit, great win :cool:

Fantastic point in Tallaght. Seriously rode our luck late on. Benson was absolute quality. Brilliant finish for the equaliser. Other results couldn't really have gone much worse.

The next two games are gonna be the biggest of the season. I'd give me right arm for 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

The Dundalk back 4 were terrible.Diving in all over the place.The right back got roasted.
    The City performance was the best I have seen them play this season.
    The Shed not happy at all.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

So that's what a win feels like, I think I'd forgotten

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Great equaliser.

Rovers should've won late on, but you can't keep relying on the last 5 minutes panic. Game should've been won long before that.

Finn faded badly after the yellow card and being put out on the left.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Finn faded badly after the yellow card and being put out on the left.
    Thought Finn could have easily been sent off to be honest. He made a very nasty looking challenge on Kavanagh after the equaliser which he was very lucky not to have gotten a second yellow for.
    Not sure what the referee was doing with the added time at the end of the second half. He signaled 2 minutes (which I thought wasn't enough to be fair) yet played 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

F.J. wrote: »
    The Dundalk back 4 were terrible.Diving in all over the place.The right back got roasted.
    The City performance was the best I have seen them play this season.
    The Shed not happy at all.

Dundalk had a lot of injures and new players coming in. From watching the game on t.v I thought Dundalk where going to win it near the end. City Dominated but very rarely tested Cherrie, however when Dundalk attacked they looked like they might actually score.

Thought Finn could have easily been sent off to be honest. He made a very nasty looking challenge on Kavanagh after the equaliser which he was very lucky not to have gotten a second yellow for.
    Not sure what the referee was doing with the added time at the end of the second half. He signaled 2 minutes (which I thought wasn't enough to be fair) yet played 5.

Think he lost it after the yellow card for a clear foul in or around the box. Extremely unlike him to run after the referee like that. What was then required was for Croly to have Quigley on the bench and replace him behind Zayed...but Quigley wasn't on the bench.

But how he faded is why he might not get across the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

justshane wrote: »
    Dundalk had a lot of injures and new players coming in. From watching the game on t.v I thought Dundalk where going to win it near the end. City Dominated but very rarely tested Cherrie, however when Dundalk attacked they looked like they might actually score.

Really? I don't think Dundalk actually had a shot on target for the whole match (except for the goals, which weren't really shots either).

Horgan seemed like he could go past Dundalks right back at will but City were, as always, just sitting back trying to hold onto their one goal lead. Overall, I thought City had far more chances and looked far more likely to score (although I may be a little biased :) ).

Probably the most surprising thing about the game though was that Dundalk finished with 11. If City had pushed more, it was only a matter of time before someone was sent off.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

So that's what a win feels like, I think I'd forgotten

Tis a great feeling alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

unbanned!!!! huzzah

**** in europe...done nothing since

still top of the league.

/sorry if i called an idiot an idiot in that post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

farna_boy wrote: »
    Really? I don't think Dundalk actually had a shot on target for the whole match (except for the goals, which weren't really shots either).

Horgan seemed like he could go past Dundalks right back at will but City were, as always, just sitting back trying to hold onto their one goal lead. Overall, I thought City had far more chances and looked far more likely to score (although I may be a little biased :) ).

Probably the most surprising thing about the game though was that Dundalk finished with 11. If City had pushed more, it was only a matter of time before someone was sent off.

You watched the same game as me? Bizzare presumptions to say the least.I think if the match had have went to 96 mins the refo and and linesmen would have started laying eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

****ing loving Trevor Drawly and this.......

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2013/0319/377300-st-pats-missing-the-croly-factor/

8 out 3 in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Well maybe the reason it looked like that was Corks keeper seemed to be afraid of the ball so anytime it was near him I could see a goal coming!

On the town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Woah, Dundalk didn't play well but they had a lot more chances than what you're suggesting.

Disallowed goal(soft free given to Cork keeper. McCaffrey was clean through but his shot was saved by keeper. Keegan hit a shot just wide just after we scored our second. Then the very last attack of the game we very nearly scored a winner.

Cork played well for the first 20 mins of first half and the first half hour of second half. As has been said, our right back Sullivan was getting skinned by Horgan most of the evening. Pretty happy with a point all things considered.

• Advertisement

Gutted with the manner of the draw last night but overall a decent point. Dundalk are a good side. Hate to see them at full strength as they would have hurt us badly.

Good game for tv. Great pace to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dreamers75 wrote: »
    unbanned!!!! huzzah

**** in europe...done nothing since

still top of the league.

/sorry if i called an idiot an idiot in that post.

Was it the Des Byrne comment on my post you got banned for?? Bit harsh.

You just misunderstood what I was saying. Why the repeated 'idiot' comment though?

Corholio/dreamers75, leave that there please.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Cobh came from 3 down to beat longford 4-3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I need Longford to get promoted. Just one relatively short away trip is all I ask for.

Short away trips aren't as much fun...

Harps were looking good, but have fallen away somewhat recently. 4-0 to Mervue :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

dfx- wrote: »
    Short away trips aren't as much fun...

Harps were looking good, but have fallen away somewhat recently. 4-0 to Mervue :eek:
    Easy said when you only have a three or four long trips a year. Its every second week for some of us.

I'd love a strong Harps back in the premier. Or a Galway team even.

In 2006, Kildare County was the shortest journey I think and the worst/most plain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

this is starting to go like last season again,flying up to mid way then bottling it...we need to get promoted this year!last game of season in athlone is gona be massive I thik,need to book that off work now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Cobh came from 3 down to beat longford 4-3!

The standard in the 1st Division may not always be the best, but the entertainment and honest effort is top notch. Any team can beat the other on a given day. Can't beat it

• Advertisement
Advertisement