Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings ac for my nephew

Options
  • 19-07-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hi peeps, I hope you can help me.

I was thinking about opening a savings ac for my nephew that I would put a small weekly amount into for him.

I don't have his birth cert (he doesn't live in Ireland and was not born here).

Will a bank let me do this? I wanted to do it as a surprise - he's a baby and I wanted to "give/tell" his parents at his christening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Unfortunately it will not be possible to open the account in the name of the nipper as you are not his legal guardian and would fall foul of the anti-money laundering legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Ah ok. Thanks for the info.

Now to pick a different christening gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Prize bonds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Prize bonds?

I think you need a birth cert or passport for these now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My sister-in-law bought one of my kids prize bonds and she never asked us for any id for the child, yet it is still in the childs name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement