Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover letter help?

• 19-07-2013 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just come across my dream job online, I've never seen a similar role advertised but in saying that I've never really been on the look out until now as I've just been made redundant.

I've got everything they require experience wise but they do mention a course that would be desirable but not essential, now really what I want to do is say I'll be more than willing to do any extra courses that would help me secure the job and I would gladly fund myself etc. I'm really really eager to nail this from start to finish can anyone advice me how to let them know how passionate I am about this particular job without sounding like an over zealous weirdo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

CarMe wrote: »
    can anyone advice me how to let them know how passionate I am about this particular job without sounding like an over zealous weirdo?

There's nothing wrong with a good to the point cover letter expressing your passion, try and tie your experience to what you already know and have learned. You won't seem like a weirdo.

One thing though and that's be so careful with your spelling and grammar, i'm not a grammar nazi and it's only boards but the little line up there "can someone advice me" would be enough for you not to get a call.
    Triple check everything and then double check it again and get someone else to check it before you send it.
    Best of luck getting the Job.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Thanks a million for the reply.
    I had a niggle when was pressing post, that and "surprise" are my achilles heels!

I'll make sure everything is perfect for this though, I had been with the same company for so long I'm quite nervous. I had hoped the first couple of jobs I had applied for wouldn't be as important to me, as a bit of a practice run!

Advertisement