Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Australia right now...

Options
  • 19-07-2013 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Right im In Australia the last two weeks. Im in Victoria, in geelong have be let down two times with work:(... there has to be someone on hear who can point me in the right direction... is there any one on hear how has contacts on the buildings in Melbourne;) .....let me know ...... if you don't try you will never know...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Right im In Australia the last two weeks. Im in Victoria, in geelong have be let down two times with work:(... there has to be someone on hear who can point me in the right direction... is there any one on hear how has contacts on the buildings in Melbourne;) .....let me know ...... if you don't try you will never know...:)

Is it construction work you are looking for? What kind of experience have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

If your grammar is that bad on your cv you may struggle to get work. What experience do you have? Do you have a trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

Hay... you got 3 thumbs up for your bad grammar remark... your now a internet legend.... keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hay... you got 3 thumbs up for your bad grammar remark... your now a internet legend.... keep up the good work.

Hay is for horses. I'm up to 5 thumbs up and you still don't have any job leads. I didn't mean to offend you..just pointing out that your cv is the first impression an employer gets of you so a few spelling mistakes and your cv can end up in the big round filing cabinet beside his desk. Even if you are one of these guys that say "I never needed a cv before" that may not be the case over here where nobody knows anything about you or your relevant qualifications or experience. Good luck with your job hunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

aido79 wrote: »
    Even if youthese guys that say........
    I think you accidentally a word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

480px-Meme_-_Grammar_Nazi.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Constructive thread is constructive.

OP, start again. What sort of work are you looking for? What experience do you have? Why did the other jobs fall through (e.g. loads of applicants, or never got an interview, or word of mouth didn't turn out to be what you thought, or what?)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

A little click of followers....:D. Its so on like boards...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kinggriff

Hey good logs. I am living in Geelong over a year now. I tried to get work (engineering) for 3 months in Geelong but it was a bad time with places like Ford, Alcoa and Shell all on the way out. What skills/trades/qualifications have you got? I now commute to Melbourne for work. You can message me if you are looking for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

You could always try networking by spending the late avos drinking in the ha penny inn

• Advertisement
Advertisement