Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thug Notes - Lord of the Flies Review

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I've been watching this guy's videos for the last while, I must say I really enjoy them! They're pretty hilarious and he's pretty informative as well, my personal favourite was the 1984 episode (it being one of my favourite books of all time) but I thought the To Kill a Mockingbird one was very well done too, especially his using
    Jem's broken arm as a metaphor for Civil Rights in the States at that time...
    (I don't think that's particularly relevant to the end of the novel but I thought I'd use the spoiler bar just in case... especially as that particular book was completely spoiled for me when I was reading it at 16 and my aunt's husband strolled on over and gave me a brief synopsis of the novel, totally ruining the ending for me!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

He's hilarious. I wonder if he was inspired by 'the wire' episode where they discuss 'The Great Gatsby'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

cloudatlas wrote: »
    He's hilarious. I wonder if he was inspired by 'the wire' episode where they discuss 'The Great Gatsby'.

It looks as if he was. Much better than reading a stuffy critique. :D

Advertisement