Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching in England - Getting started

Options
  • 19-07-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Everyone,
    I have recently accepted a job as a secondary teacher in kent starting in September. As it is now the middle of July I will be moving over there towards the end of next month. However having accepted the job I am still clueless with regards how to obtain a national security number. How do I go about this process and how long will it take? Will I be able to get paid by my school without this number? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Dave0301

crazykidd wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I have recently accepted a job as a secondary teacher in kent starting in September. As it is now the middle of July I will be moving over there towards the end of next month. However having accepted the job I am still clueless with regards how to obtain a national security number. How do I go about this process and how long will it take? Will I be able to get paid by my school without this number? Any help would be great! Thanks.

You will find the information here

I was still getting paid without one at the beginning. Ring the jobcentre plus, arrange a date to meet them, and bring all the documentation required. Make sure you have proof of address as well, and a letter of employment from the school is also a good idea.

After the interview, they will check it all out and sent you out your NI number through the post.

Amy more questions, ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mel84

Did you go through an Agency? They should be helping you with that!!!

Advertisement