Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot transfer music from iTunes to iPhone

• 19-07-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    This has probably come up before but I can't find it.

Music in iTunes will not transfer to my iPhone.
    The music is from cd/mp3 sources.
    iTunes is a new load as my computer crashed and had to be rebooted/restored.
    Itunes shows "My iPhone" in the top right but when I highlight the cd to transfer, it moves across but the "my iPhone" icon will not light up , the "playlist" opens only. I now have the same cd in "playlists" 3 times.
    I have not used this new version of iTunes before.
    There is probably a very simple way of doing this, but I can't seem to find it.
    Suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Just to clarify, are you trying to transfer an actual CD to your iPhone? For example, you have a CD in the drive and are attempting to transfer that directly to your iPhone without converting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

No, the music is already on iTunes on my computer.
    It's transferring from the computer that I have the problem.

Thank

Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Hi What you need todo is create a new playlist in iTunes call it my iPhone etc put what ever music into said playlist then drag the whole playlist to the iPhone that should be it job done

Hi,

I have tried that but when I drag it across, the "playlist" , under the iPhone icon lights up but the iPhone does not light up. Leaving me nowhere to put it ?

????

Jay

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

I have tried that but when I drag it across, the "playlist" , under the iPhone icon lights up but the iPhone does not light up. Leaving me nowhere to put it ?

????

Jay
    Try iTunes settings make sure you have box ticked manually mange iPhone music etc checked

• Advertisement

Hi,

When I ticked the "manual " box, it says that this iPhone is synced with another iTunes library.
    But if I do this I will loose what I have already on my iPhone, and i don't really want to do this.

Am I stuck ??

Can I "discard" the old iTunes library I am linked to ?

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You can only sync music and videos from 1 iTunes library at a time. If you try sync with another it will delete any media from the first library

guil wrote: »
    You can only sync music and videos from 1 iTunes library at a time. If you try sync with another it will delete any media from the first library

Share pod there is what you need takes all music from the iPhone back to iTunes then sync
    Link http://sharepod.m.en.softonic.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ha completely forgot about sharepod.

Hi,

Sharepod did the job... thanks a lot lads for the help....

Jay

• Advertisement
Advertisement