Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stone of such

• 19-07-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for some stone to cover up a bad part of a garden at the side of the house. What kind of stone would be best to use.

2013-07-19-694.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you mean loose stone you will have to dig out a few inches and put down some weedproof membrane (not plastic!) then have a look in a garden centre to see what you like. I would suggest pea gravel, which you can get quite cheaply by the tonne if you hunt around for some that looks nice (rather than just stuff you use as aggregate), but its not everyone's choice. Really whatever you like the look of - and can afford! The bags work out quite expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

a tonne is too much. Its only a small part at the side of the house. That part isn't level to the ground, it is sloped into the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well you can buy a half tonne, but I meant really that you buy it not in bags. However if its a small area some bags might be the best bet.

I have found the right size stones after much looking around at garden and diy store. All there stones where too small.

The place I found these stones is just over a wall in a forest where you enter. They look like they have been there for years after been dumped with weed growing through them.

do ye think I could take a small pile of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

cena wrote: »
    I have found the right size stones after much looking around at garden and diy store. All there stones where too small.

The place I found these stones is just over a wall in a forest where you enter. They look like they have been there for years after been dumped with weed growing through them.

do ye think I could take a small pile of them?
    Yea of course go ahead and rob them after you've asked for and been given permission on d'internet, shure why not?.

• Advertisement

david-k wrote: »
    Yea of course go ahead and rob them after you've asked for and been given permission on d'internet, sure why not?.

I wouldn't call it robbing when they have been dumped their

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

It might not be actually "dumped" though.

Could "possibly" be stone infill dropped off/piled up there on purpose by the council or forest/land management company for maintaining any paths,roads or tracks through and around the forest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

I'd say that's what all the pikies tell themselves too.

paddy147 wrote: »
    It might not be actually "dumped" though.

Could "possibly" be stone infill dropped off/piled up there on purpose by the council or forest/land management company for maintaining any paths,roads or tracks through and around the forest.

By the looks of it it hasn't been touched in year. I have the email of the forest management I could ask them about it

david-k wrote: »
    I'd say that's what all the pikies tell themselves too.

I ain't one of them people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement