Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hepatitis A warning issued on frozen berries sold here.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

I'm just from the Bargain Alerts thread about berries in which
    Cavey contacted Dunnes Stores asking them if their frozen berries were imported or not.

Does that mean frozen blueberries are safe to eat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Does that mean frozen blueberries are safe to eat?

Safe to eat because they are from North America?

It's worth reading the info in this link on the FSAI website. In relation to the Hep-A outbreak, it states that:
    This work involved collecting data on the source of each berry delivery from retail sale back to the farmer to see if a common source or sources of contamination could be identified. Bulgarian blackberries and Polish redcurrants were identified as the most common ingredient in the food consumed by affected people. However, this might be explained by the fact that Poland is the largest producer of redcurrants in Europe, and Bulgaria is a major exporter of frozen blackberries. While no single point source of contamination was identified, twelve food operators were identified with links to cases and batches in five of the countries affected.

That study concluded that the country of origin for the contamination in raspberries and blackberries was not able to be identified.

But what about blueberries?

I don't know if people have been directly affected from eating frozen blueberries only. Also I don't know if many countries other than North America export frozen blueberries. Also if they are the largest exporter then that will complicate things further.

It's not clear-cut unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rubadub wrote: »
    I was saying before this issue might be ongoing for years, until the stuff in deep storage is all used up.
    With reports of 40 year old frozen meat been sold in China it could be a very very long time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/06/24/china-smuggled-frozen-meat-40-years-old/29208679/

Advertisement